found

Unfortunately, I'm of no help... other than to tell you that you're on the right path young grasshopper! :rock:

My Betty is my 6th Friedman, and the best yet. I was pretty nervous when I traded away my BE100 over the summer to get it. But I haven't looked back since. The Betty takes OD/distortion pedals better than any amp I've ever had. The Betty sounds like the biggest, fattest Fender you've ever heard. With my Strymon Sunset hitting it, it sounds very much like my BE, Smallbox, Shirley, or Wildwood Taco did. Pedals become like another channel of the amp. Dave managed to infuse the Betty with 100% of the Friedman mojo found in his amazing rock amps. GLWTS (good luck with the search)

Red_Label":96y3u1is said:
Unfortunately, I'm of no help... other than to tell you that you're on the right path young grasshopper! :rock:

My Betty is my 6th Friedman, and the best yet. I was pretty nervous when I traded away my BE100 over the summer to get it. But I haven't looked back since. The Betty takes OD/distortion pedals better than any amp I've ever had. The Betty sounds like the biggest, fattest Fender you've ever heard. With my Strymon Sunset hitting it, it sounds very much like my BE, Smallbox, Shirley, or Wildwood Taco did. Pedals become like another channel of the amp. Dave managed to infuse the Betty with 100% of the Friedman mojo found in his amazing rock amps. GLWTS (good luck with the search)

Thanks. I actually appreciate your comment. I've had just about every Friedman amp, and still have a BE modded by Dave. However, I've switched to a 68 Deluxe Reverb and pedals lately. I'm enjoying it so much more. The DR has a tendency to get a little loose with higher gain pedals. I think the BB is the answer...

Red_Label":32ibrle9 said:

I was at NAMM two years ago, and had the good fortune to be alone in the Friedman room early Sunday morning. I couldn't believe how great the Betty sounded with a BE OD in front of it. Just amazing.

Found a mint 2017 with 5881’s at a semi-local GC. $1699. Needless to say it’s mine now. Fantastic sounding amp.

** pulled the chassis, it’s actually a 2018. With Synergy caps. Score.

ueQMRwVl.jpg

Back