Friedman BE100 vs Friedman KS Modded JMP

Jonny333

How would you guys say the the old Dave modded JMPs stack up against the new BE100s in both tone and features?

(Assuming we're talking MV JMPs with a full kitchen sink mod).

Thanks!

I've never played a BE-100 but I can tell you that my JMP is still a JMP after KS mods, just more Balls and a BEAST ... :thumbsup:

Someday I would like a BE-100 and an SLO-100.

Alot of builders seem to replace the base tone of the amp with their own.

The thing about Dave I learned thru forums & youtube clips [yes Utewb] before he modded my Marshall is the Mr. Friedman beefs up the base tone of old Marshalls without tampering or losing the original tone and taylors it to the customer.

Dave exceeded my expectations and then sum. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't want anything more or less than it is now.

Plus he doesn't hack-up ur amp with extra knobs ect.

My amp looks stock from the front and the 4 mini toggles on back are low key as well.

I consider him the Leader in his field with honesty & integrity.

FWIW..... $.02

Thanks Dan, appreciate the $0.2! (Just need about $3698.8 more and I can get a BE!)
But seriously, that's really helpful. Any clips of your JMP?

Anyone else care to share opinions?

Jonny333":2kz4v8mm said:
Thanks Dan, appreciate the $0.2! (Just need about $3698.8 more and I can get a BE!)
But seriously, that's really helpful. Any clips of your JMP?

Anyone else care to share opinions?
Plenty of clips, made some yesterday. They're here in the Friedman section called "KS JMP bias".

Or go to ... charveldan1 on youtube.

charveldan":2lknec96 said:

I've never played a BE-100 but I can tell you that my JMP is still a JMP after KS mods, just more Balls and a BEAST ... :thumbsup:

Someday I would like a BE-100 and an SLO-100.

Alot of builders seem to replace the base tone of the amp with their own.

The thing about Dave I learned thru forums & youtube clips [yes Utewb] before he modded my Marshall is the Mr. Friedman beefs up the base tone of old Marshalls without tampering or losing the original tone and taylors it to the customer.

Dave exceeded my expectations and then sum. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't want anything more or less than it is now.

Plus he doesn't hack-up ur amp with extra knobs ect.

My amp looks stock from the front and the 4 mini toggles on back are low key as well.

I consider him the Leader in his field with honesty & integrity.

FWIW..... $.02

That's cool. The thing about the modded Marshalls is that (and I think Dave said this when I got my first one back from him) they don't all sound the same as each other since they're not identical in every way like the BE-100s are...so it's a little difficult to compare a KS mod to the BE-100. One might sound really close, one might sound noticeably different. I know my two KS mods sound pretty different from each other... one is much thicker with more gain available, and the other a bit more aggressive in the mids with not as much gain.

I do have one other KS mod being done, as well as a BE-100 ordered as of this morning :scared: :rock: So I'll post a bit more about this in the next couple of weeks if anyone's interested (the BE-100 is supposed to be delivered in 10-14 days according to the dealer)

Oh and Jonny333, if you can get a '72 or earlier Marshall, apparently those are the best ones to have modded. Mine are two '75s (which were far from stock) and a '78. Haven't got the '78 back yet, but the others turned out great.

Thanks Londaxe, would love to hear your comparison of the BE100 to your other modded marshalls when you get it!

Back