Friedman Pink Taco + Suhr Reactive Load - Metal Tone Test

Sounds great! I also use a Keeley RedDirt in front of my Friedman (Runt 50) and it sounds killer. Anything specific you didn't love about the Fortin 33 pedal?

I have not tried boosting my DS40 yet. I like that you use the "dual mic" method. I always do as well, even with IR's. A thing I learned from Reza (RIP) was to do a stereo track with 2 cabs/mics and record like 4 rhythm tracks of that. Then switch it to mono and pan them accordingly. Sounds great IMHO.

Loudness250":2rnbvfgu said:
I prefer the summer of 87'. I had a job at the local burger stand, I had my budget beginner guitar rig......it was ON!

I got my first rig in `87. For my birthday. I was in high school.
It was a BC Rich Ironbird, and a Peavey Special 130 combo.

First thing I learned to play was the main riff to "Rock You Like A Hurricane" by the Scorps.
Because... it was retarded easy. Five power chords. Played slow.
:LOL: :LOL:

All these years later... I still suck.

reilly":26b50zsz said:
Anything specific you didn't love about the Fortin 33 pedal?

It's not that I don't love it... but the taco didn't sound as awesome or as transformed by it... but it made my Rivera K-tre sound like a whole new brutal chug machine of an amp. Kind of a crazy transformation of tone and characteristics.

Amps that have a lose flubbier bottom will benefit the most in my opinion, like my buddie's Dual Rec sounded nuts with it. So with the taco I would have to adjust it to have more bass and less mids and highs in order for the 33 to sound good with it... Hope that makes sense.

JerEvil":24zbaq4y said:
I have not tried boosting my DS40 yet. I like that you use the "dual mic" method. I always do as well, even with IR's. A thing I learned from Reza (RIP) was to do a stereo track with 2 cabs/mics and record like 4 rhythm tracks of that. Then switch it to mono and pan them accordingly. Sounds great IMHO.

Reza RIP? What? :confused:

tlingen":24zbaq4y said:
Your recording sounds awesome!

Thanks man! I try ;)

errrrrl":335j076n said:
JerEvil":335j076n said:

Reza RIP? What? :confused:

tlingen":335j076n said:
Your recording sounds awesome!

Thanks man! I try ;)
LOL! Just because he doesn't post here anymore. I still talk with him on FB.

errrrrl":2rbwlcb5 said:
reilly":2rbwlcb5 said:
Anything specific you didn't love about the Fortin 33 pedal?

It's not that I don't love it... but the taco didn't sound as awesome or as transformed by it... but it made my Rivera K-tre sound like a whole new brutal chug machine of an amp. Kind of a crazy transformation of tone and characteristics.

Amps that have a lose flubbier bottom will benefit the most in my opinion, like my buddie's Dual Rec sounded nuts with it. So with the taco I would have to adjust it to have more bass and less mids and highs in order for the 33 to sound good with it... Hope that makes sense.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

Dude that sounded good. Listening to it without knowing it was a little 20w head, you would think it's a 100w head. Great job recording that man.

SavageRiffer":3lll2b51 said:
Dude that sounded good. Listening to it without knowing it was a little 20w head, you would think it's a 100w head. Great job recording that man.
Thanks man! It took me about a billion shit recordings to get where I am now lol...

Yup love this track you recorded. I just got a PT-20 with the gain switch, killer little amp. I like it more than the Smallbox I briefly had. I know I asked you about the Red Dirt in another post but I don’t think I asked whether your using the mini or full size version?

acidvoodoo":2gnrq5js said:
Yup love this track you recorded. I just got a PT-20 with the gain switch, killer little amp. I like it more than the Smallbox I briefly had. I know I asked you about the Red Dirt in another post but I don’t think I asked whether your using the mini or full size version?
I debated forever and ended up getting the Keeley tone workstation which has a red dirt, katana clean boost\1962 od and a compressor. I think it's closer to the full size but does not have dip switches inside (at least I haven't checked). It has a switch on the front that can go between his half baked mod and mod+, I use the half baked.

J32467000000000-00-500x500.jpg

errrrrl":kj23xxxr said:
acidvoodoo":kj23xxxr said:
I debated forever and ended up getting the Keeley tone workstation which has a red dirt, katana clean boost\1962 od and a compressor. I think it's closer to the full size but does not have dip switches inside (at least I haven't checked). It has a switch on the front that can go between his half baked mod and mod+, I use the half baked.

Cool. I might try the mini. I've been using a mxr m77 & randall mor with good results.

Glad someone brought up the 33, I was thinking about that pedal with the taco. Probably hold off on getting one for a bit, which will help with the GAS.

Back