Friedman Speaker Cabinets

Do you mean these?
DSC04515.jpg

Well they are made like a vintage Marshall cab. The SS cab is a birch back and the others a particle board back like 70's cabs. The normal speaker config is 2 vintage 30's and 2 greenbacks. THe SS cab is all vintage 30's. Other speaker options are available like Scumbacks etc. Thats about it.

As a guy who has never really been a fan of any particular over another in anyway shape or form, these really impressed the heck out of me. Maybe it is the combination of the 2 greenbacks & 2 v30s which seems like it would be a no brainer (the combination of the darker greenbacks & the brighter v30s), maybe it's the nice little Friedman emblem on the front which means it is going to be amazing...but whatever the deciding factor may be, I loved these cabs. The one that was hooked to the naked especially blew me away!
-Brent

RACKSYSTEMS":wkbphufd said:
Well they are made like a vintage Marshall cab. The SS cab is a birch back and the others a particle board back like 70's cabs. The normal speaker config is 2 vintage 30's and 2 greenbacks. THe SS cab is all vintage 30's. Other speaker options are available like Scumbacks etc. Thats about it.
Just out of interest Dave. How do you run the speaker mix, v30s' on the bottom or diagonal?

supersonic":2al0yhb5 said:
Just out of interest Dave. How do you run the speaker mix, v30s' on the bottom or diagonal?
The one on the left is mine. They are not run in an X pattern. When I played my guitar through the Friedman BE100 and that cabinet it sounded too good to pass up. So good that it was difficult to imagine that combination getting any better. They just melted together or were married.

Dave, it could have been the angle at which I was looking at the SS cabinet or lighting in the room, but is the grill cloth a bit darker and slightly different from the stock grill you use on your Friedman cabs? It appeared to have a slightly different coloring to it.

RACKSYSTEMS":1o62jlrt said:
What's with the V30's and Greenbacks? I thought you were a Scumback lover....what happen? :confused:

Love Scumbacks. You have the option when ordering the cabinet. The price point is much higher with the Scums though.

RACKSYSTEMS":5fjpmg61 said:
Love Scumbacks. You have the option when ordering the cabinet. The price point is much higher with the Scums though.
Aren't your amps and mods voiced with the M75-65's?

50MkII":2jzlje63 said:
Dave, it could have been the angle at which I was looking at the SS cabinet or lighting in the room, but is the grill cloth a bit darker and slightly different from the stock grill you use on your Friedman cabs? It appeared to have a slightly different coloring to it.

So, is it the same grill cloth as you use standard ala stock Dirty Shirley grill?

50MkII":1e4tpd58 said:
50MkII":1e4tpd58 said:

So, is it the same grill cloth as you use standard ala stock Dirty Shirley grill?

yes the grill on the SS cab is the same as the Dirty Shirley

TIBrent":ogv6zuwc said:
As a guy who has never really been a fan of any particular over another in anyway shape or form, these really impressed the heck out of me. Maybe it is the combination of the 2 greenbacks & 2 v30s which seems like it would be a no brainer (the combination of the darker greenbacks & the brighter v30s), maybe it's the nice little Friedman emblem on the front which means it is going to be amazing...but whatever the deciding factor may be, I loved these cabs. The one that was hooked to the naked especially blew me away!
-Brent

My V30s have ALWAYS been dark once broken in .....darkest speaker Celestion makes next to a G12-65 in my opinion. All my amps sound darkest through V30s. I checked and Dave's cabs come with Scumbacks now.

Back