Friedman Vintage Plexi

I'm sure it's cool and all, but how about making something original?

Maybe an EVH amp since he's been inside of the original. (y)

I honestly doubt anyone on planet earth could put something together that triumphs George’s Metroplex II for early EVH. He’s done spectral analysis against a real deal 68 of a similar serial number to Ed’s and it’s a directly harmonic overlay.

I honestly doubt anyone on planet earth could put something together that triumphs George’s Metroplex II for early EVH. He’s done spectral analysis against a real deal 68 of a similar serial number to Ed’s and it’s a directly harmonic overlay.
I’ve got one coming this summer. I’m beyond stoked!🤟

I’ve got one coming this summer. I’m beyond stoked!🤟
I owned the very first metroplex ever created, #001. Killer amp for Van Halen and general Marshall Swiss Army knife tones and absolutely loud as fuck. I sold it because my other Marshall’s just do what I want from a hot Marshall better. I also don’t chase EVH tones.

the element often overlooked when discussing these tones is what modern players expect in terms if playability and touch sensitivity.

having played an actual 12000 series superlead in the serial # ball park of eddie’s fabled 12301 i can soeculate that on its own merits, it is not the high gain experience most are expecting.

i believe Dave compensates for that more in his designs than George does by adding more available gain. but even Dave will tell you the best tones from his amps comes from backing off the gain and cranking the output.

I owned the very first metroplex ever created, #001. Killer amp for Van Halen and general Marshall Swiss Army knife tones and absolutely loud as fuck. I sold it because my other Marshall’s just do what I want from a hot Marshall better. I also don’t chase EVH tones.
#001?! Cool!

If I may: what is the enmity mod? I’m curious.

Killer tone. Is that a specific mod that only you do, or something that’s been around for a long time?

It’s a ground up design that I created from scratch. That particular amplifier has footswitchable true dual masters, footswitchable true bypass of a metroloop, footswitchable 3/4 gain stages that share a pregain, and a few other things. I do plan to offer it to others but with the understanding there’s an unofficial waitlist but that’s all. Thanks for the interest!

Back