Fusionbear amps?

Matt300ZXT

The name sounds strangely familiar, but there's a local'ish guy selling a Fusionbear Thor. He says it has SLO O'Netics transformers in it, which I sort of doubt unless someone bought an SLO and parted it out....but it is still supposed to be a hot 800 amp.

we-got-this.gif

Karl can wire anything thats all im gonna say.

Ah, wait, I'm thinking of DeYoung transformers is the company that ONLY sells that spec to Soldano, where as O'Netics aren't the same as what came in the original SLOs.

Ah, wait, I'm thinking of DeYoung transformers is the company that ONLY sells that spec to Soldano, where as O'Netics aren't the same as what came in the original SLOs.
The DeYoungs have a 'HiFi' thing to them; different than the BAD versions made now. That said, I've heard good things about Fusion Bear's work.

The name sounds strangely familiar, but there's a local'ish guy selling a Fusionbear Thor. He says it has SLO O'Netics transformers in it, which I sort of doubt unless someone bought an SLO and parted it out....but it is still supposed to be a hot 800 amp.
Probably this one
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/fusionbear-thor-2204-clone-head.1702540/

Carl worked for Jose Arredondo when he was a teen.. you're not going to find another builder who can say that.

O'netics are really good though.

Yep. I built Thor. It was a beastly amp! Based on a hot-rodded 2204 circuit. It's one I regret selling but it was during a time I needed the dough for my family, so it had to go....

I vastly preferred the Onetics transformers to the DeYoungs. They had the same girth, but felt and sounded a little more organic to me... I got a lot a crap about my opinion.... lol...

I'm the proud owner of "Sloth".. another Fusionbear creation. Smoking amp! From what I understood when I bought it, it's a SLO front end, with a Plexi power section. Mercury Magnetics iron, all hand wired and a work of art. Not to mention that Carl is as stand up as they come. I don't foresee ever parting with that amp.

I'm surprised you never got famous with your bands Carl.. you had the chops and were in the right place at the right time... though you may have been just a little to young.

It's always a crap shoot and in hindsight, I've realized I wasn't mature enough to handle fame or fortune then. I would have been a train wreck like so many others. But, I enjoyed what I did do. I did meet a lot of "stars" in my youth for better or worse.

I went on a spiritual path in 1991 that saved me in all ways. So, I have no regrets...

Now that my kids are all adults and have their own careers, I'm playing out for fun. I play in a thrash cover band, an alt/indy rock cover band, and at several churches in P&W bands. I'm busy and enjoying that to the fullest. I got married recently to an amazing woman who supports me in just about everything I do.

IMG_9441.jpg

That's my granddaughter and my wife's little second cousin...

They were the ring boy and flower girl....

Last edited:
Back