Gary Clark Jr tones

rabies

sick lead tones or what? simple music but this dude plays some sick shit. check out around 44:00.

what amps is he using? I thought I read it was some fender combo....

I met him last winter, and he said his main dirt sound was a Fulltone Octafuzz. His sound was massive. He was such a nice, humble guy, and he says he prefers the Epi's. No cork sniffing from him at all.

shane159":3tehsm68 said:
I met him last winter, and he said his main dirt sound was a Fulltone Octafuzz. His sound was massive. He was such a nice, humble guy, and he says he prefers the Epi's. No cork sniffing from him at all.

what impresses me is that massive sound really. it's badass and heavy in a non-metal way.

No doubt! When they played Numb, my fucking insides were shaking. I highly recommend seeing him live.

saw him live, opened for Derek Trucks @ HOB in Houston. He was fantastic! Great singer and a soulful player. I like his tone, fuzzy solos and all.

shane159":r5t8zwy6 said:
No doubt! When they played Numb, my fucking insides were shaking. I highly recommend seeing him live.

was ready to see him this past wednesday on the zztop tour, but Dusty took a spill and the show was cancelled. Was really bummed about not seeing Jeff Beck though, interesting lineup for him again.

Back