Gear is at home for once... so... RIG PIC!!!

Mizati20

I literally never, and I mean NEVER get to have my rig at home anymore, we are playing out and traveling so much it's always in between the stage and rehearsal space... finally brought it home to dive a bit deeper into the Axe and do a bunch of tweaking, have been using the Axe 2 for almost a month with patches I only had about 5 minutes to mess with... just a testament to the new firmware, things sound incredible right out of the gate... which wasn't my experience with previous firmware versions...

Gear List:

10 Space Gator Roadcase with casters
Furman Power
Line 6 G90 Relay Wireless
Axe Fx II running FW 14
Matrix GT800FX
Custom 2 Space Rack Drawer (much shallower than others and has a really nice lock)
Behringer FCB1010
Orange 4x12 Cabinet with English V30's

Bernie Rico Jr Jekyll 627
Custom Skervesen Raptor

Never been so happy with a setup, I wheel the road case on stage, plug in power, plug a Midi cable into my board, speaker cable to cab, and turn on my wireless... that's literally it... I'm setup in under 5 minutes at the most these days...I'm able to recreate SOOO many sounds from our EP that just isn't possible with other units... sound is exactly the same every other night... if anyone has messed with the Axe in the past and moved on, you owe it to yourself to give it another shot, the new firmware is incredible, and I'm not Fractal Fanboi... actually a big advocate of the Kemper...

Quick Pic

glassjaw7":1407c5il said:
Nice and simple, yet versatile :thumbsup:

You literally nailed it man... in terms of the amount of gear and setup wise it is the most simple rig I have ever owned... while at the same time being endlessly more versatile...

Put a VHT 2/50/2 in place of that matrix and I just got telephone pole sized wood, sadly the matrix prevents said wood.

Where's the fucking LIKE button?

Awesome kit and my thoughts exactly on the Axe. Nothing wrong with the Matrix either.

Totally forgot to list the Matrix haha...

Yes its the GT800... I've owned the 1000 as well and didn't notice much difference, I got such a killer deal on the 800 I couldn't pass it up...with the way I have my patches dialed in, with the Matrix master and Axe output both at noon it's ear shattering loud... and I go could much further if I wanted... I used it mono bridged... I think the 1000 is only really necessary if you are running a stereo setup...

As for the VHT 2/90/2... I actually used to use one a few years back... and while they sound incredible... with the new Firmware the gap has been closed so much that it's more worth it to me to have a super lightweight rig over the massive weight of the VHT, for very little sound difference...

Thanks steve... glad you are digging it!!!

I tried the matrix with the ultra and it turned my ultra into a line 6 quality unit. But I have heard that the Axe II work a lot better with the Matrix so perhaps Ill retract and get my boner anyways hahah

timeroo":1kllxs3e said:
I tried the matrix with the ultra and it turned my ultra into a line 6 quality unit. But I have heard that the Axe II work a lot better with the Matrix so perhaps Ill retract and get my boner anyways hahah

You aren't un-justified for loving the VHT power amps.... they are beyond phenomenal and in my opinion the best "sounding" units out there... but like I said with the new firmware, the difference is so small that the size and weight of the Matrix is enough to give it the "edge" for me over the VHT stuff...

...I should make a video demoing the sounds... maybe I'll do that this evening, would just be my DSLR setup in the room with the cam mic picking up everything, but I've had good results with that in the past.... :yes:

Back