Getting A Kramer Baretta Special

Charvel1975

I've been reading up on this guitar and it seems to get really good reviews and the price is right. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Geo
I bought one on a whim and made it my standard tuning thrash guitar. IMO it bats well above its price range.

JOJR9Rv.jpeg

Reactions: Geo
So from what I've researched online so far on the Kramer Baretta Special:

Just remove center trem spring, make sure strap buttons and tuning key wash nuts are snug, clip the little resistor from volume potentiometer and Lube the nut and trem saddles. There are very few complaints for the $0 upgrades. What if it plays and sounds fantastic ?

I missed out on one local that a dude got and replaced everything....I had the 84 and everyone says they are the same except for the 84 having a floyd.

The one guys video I watched on YouTube, one of the mods he did on his Red Pink Baretta Special was put in a Dimarzio Tone Zone humbucker with a CTS 500k push pull potentiometer.

These are great for the money. Do a search on here. Those mods you listed are exactly right. The stock pickup is actually pretty good.
IMG_7351.jpeg

Yea and my other guitarist and I just missed the 24 month special financing they had on these at $10 a month!

Mine needed fretwork but plays great now. If you’ve got spare parts around its a fun platform for mods and tinkering. Light as a feather too, which I like. Supposedly the body is a type of mahogany.

Take a road trip to Canada. There are all kinds of them on used market here for $150 to $180 US.
Put an empty case in your car and tell border agent you are going to jam with a friend.

Back