Getting ready for the Austin TX show this weekend...........

Hollywood":47um8jbv said:
You know at first I started to freak out. but the fact is These amps sound killer. I actually may just have a bad set of tubes. I do not agree with this fuse situation one bit. But that withstanding, I can say the work inside of this amp is neat as hell.
I just have bad fucking luck. no doubt. I am understandably fucking pissed about this luck on top of the fact that I am long over due another amp I am waiting on.
This plus the fact that ibet my azz if I want another built from the bench up, I will have an even longer wait and that REALLY MAKES ME HOT. All this lends itself to put me into the I AM SCREWED COOKING POT. :thumbsdown:
But all this said I still will say this, taking a breath and slowing down my heart rate, these amps sound fucking incredible and I have to think the whole picture here is a great amp/ product. I just had to get one that was gonna shit out on me.
But I got a Splawn Nitro brand new that did the same fucking thing, so you gotta know I am already weary when it comes to problems with new gear. I am really fucking tired of this kinda thing happening to me. PERIOD!
the amp I have coming to me Paul, I was told are brother and sister and were built identical at the same time. So if you have been playing yours, then maybe I will get one with no bad MOJO ...... :LOL: :LOL: Think about the time you have put on your amp Paul ?
If you made it past 4 to 5 hours, then you should be in the clear.. :hys:

As far as the fuse, my background is chemical engineering, not Electrical, but for all practical purposes, I think he is looking to just supply a fuse that will blow in the event of a surge. 4-8A either or, in a surge or in the event of a short the amp will be subjected to a theoretical infinite current. The amp as it sits can handle up to 8A as Rick would not load a fuse in there that would grenade an amp in such a scenario.

Tubes, tubes, tubes, f'n tubes. They are like light bulbs and fuses. They get hot, have glass, and have filaments.... They wear overtime, and also have a chance to fail in low usage level situations. All amps that are purchased new are covered as far as tube/tranny warranties. Service will follow purchase if there are any issues. No worries here. All you bastards have my cell anyways if there is an issue. I am around till 1-2AM most nights and most of you sons of bitches love to talk then! We're here in the event of tube/fuse failures. We'll get it taken care of.

Also if there are any other issues such as tube/fuse, I really hate for them to be aired out here, as it is a tube/fuse fault vs an amplifier fault. I hate to have bad juju surrounding such a fantastic amplifier. We wouldn't wanna scare anybody off. Its a very common occurrence out of the hands of QC. This is where warranty comes in and the service of whomever you purchased from.

Alright my ass needs to go to bed!
Call/email anytime fellas

:) I don't think it should scare anyone off to read that an amp has some sort of problem. Moreover it really just lets a guy know things happen. It sux when they do and if you are the guy it happens to, as I am then it really bites. But that being said this kinda problem can be a real infommercial for the product at the very least. I hope to hear from you today and see what Wizard says. Call me. :thumbsup:

Not a bit of idle noise with the SED's in the Wiz. Must have been them damn JJ's. Can't stand the background crud or those POS tubes.....only induced noise and many decibels of it.

Steve

Attachments

• Macma-Earmuffs-std009.jpg
    Macma-Earmuffs-std009.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,474
steve_k":2ha6jj2v said:
Not a bit of idle noise with the SED's in the Wiz. Must have been them damn JJ's. Can't stand the background crud or those POS tubes.....only induced noise and many decibels of it.

Steve

I need to look at the tubes in mine. They are stock and are quiet as can be, sounds great also.

ttosh":3bf9ympt said:
steve_k":3bf9ympt said:

Steve

I need to look at the tubes in mine. They are stock and are quiet as can be, sounds great also.

Yep, pass on the scoop bro when you have a look.

Steve

I have all the stock tubes in mine and its not noisy at all. I love the tone coming out of this thing and I usually hate JJ tubes. The only amps I have ever played that JJ's sound good in are the new Bogner Twinjet and the Wizard MC. I have not opened my amp up so I am asuming there are JJ in it. I wouldnt understand why they would be different than every other amp he is making now.

parntz145":2jl5slts said:
I have all the stock tubes in mine and its not noisy at all. I love the tone coming out of this thing and I usually hate JJ tubes. The only amps I have ever played that JJ's sound good in are the new Bogner Twinjet and the Wizard MC. I have not opened my amp up so I am asuming there are JJ in it. I wouldnt understand why they would be different than every other amp he is making now.

You've got JJ's.

joshsage":3hr295uh said:
parntz145":3hr295uh said:

You've got JJ's.

Mine had a longer ride :D

I always retube everything to SED sooner or later. I trust them and haven't had any failures with them. And they have a good "whomp" to them and handle high output trannies better in the long haul.

Steve

I think in the end the SED's are gonna be the only tube that can handle the plate volts the Wizard dishes out. kinda like the bogner ubers. :yes:

steve_k":3edd20xs said:
Damn, you blew the nuts off the tube sockets!

Mine is missing one each on the last 3 sockets. I assume they weren't installed. Nothing rattling around. Saving some money....

Oh, the JJ's definitely have smaller pins than the SED's and Ruby's. I had to really work to get the SED's in. You will too with the Ruby's. That extra nut comes in handy when working the tubes in.

Steve

The lock nuts are used only where grounds have to be bolted to the chassis otherwise the screws go right into the threads on the chassis. They're not trying to save money by omiting 3 locknuts! :LOL: :LOL:

johnnyjellybean":14ijqr1g said:
steve_k":14ijqr1g said:
Damn, you blew the nuts off the tube sockets!

Mine is missing one each on the last 3 sockets. I assume they weren't installed. Nothing rattling around. Saving some money....

Oh, the JJ's definitely have smaller pins than the SED's and Ruby's. I had to really work to get the SED's in. You will too with the Ruby's. That extra nut comes in handy when working the tubes in.

Steve

The lock nuts are used only where grounds have to be bolted to the chassis otherwise the screws go right into the threads on the chassis. They're not trying to save money by omiting 3 locknuts! :LOL: :LOL:

I know :D

All BS aside - I got my Wizard really smoking now. The tone is great and cuts right through. Playing through the right cab maybe does more for this amp than anything else. The Rock 20's, Greenbacks and H30's are all awesome. I have been running it alongside my Mark IIC+ lately and this is a great combination for damn near anything. Gonna gig with this rig over the weekend.

Now, what am I gonna do when my Marsha shows up, then my FJA modded Marshall, then my XXX? Sheeeeit, I will be swimming in the ultimate of tones.

Steve

steve_k":ccpqflok said:
All BS aside - I got my Wizard really smoking now. The tone is great and cuts right through. Playing through the right cab maybe does more for this amp than anything else. The Rock 20's, Greenbacks and H30's are all awesome. I have been running it alongside my Mark IIC+ lately and this is a great combination for damn near anything. Gonna gig with this rig over the weekend.

Now, what am I gonna do when my Marsha shows up, then my FJA modded Marshall, then my XXX? Sheeeeit, I will be swimming in the ultimate of tones.

Steve
Im kinda jonsing to check the Marsha out also. I just wonder what the difference tone wise is between it and his modded Marshalls. The Marsha looks like a Marshall based amp, so im wondering if it will sound the same as his mods.

parntz145":3cp3yd8c said:
steve_k":3cp3yd8c said:

Steve
Im kinda jonsing to check the Marsha out also. I just wonder what the difference tone wise is between it and his modded Marshalls. The Marsha looks like a Marshall based amp, so im wondering if it will sound the same as his mods.
+1 on the Marsha, Steve you need to compare the Marsha and Wizard for us. :rock:

parntz145":17qc141h said:
steve_k":17qc141h said:

Steve

Hope so..........

Me too for your sake. I like the amp but way overpriced for what you get. I am going to wait for the used market for this one.

parntz145":3psgong0 said:
Me too for your sake. I like the amp but way overpriced for what you get. I am going to wait for the used market for this one.

As compared to the Wizard? How much do you get with that as compared to a fully loaded
Marsha? For me the Marsha is worth every penny and them much more.
The tone and feel are perfect for what I expect in a bad ass Marshall.
Don't get me wrong the Wizards sound KILLER and I'll own one someday,
maybe a Metal when they're rereleased :thumbsup: :rock:

Jay Strange":z0icjepf said:
parntz145":z0icjepf said:

As compared to the Wizard? How much do you get with that as compared to a fully loaded
Marsha? For me the Marsha is worth every penny and them much more.
The tone and feel are perfect for what I expect in a bad ass Marshall.
Don't get me wrong the Wizards sound KILLER and I'll own one someday,
maybe a Metal when they're rereleased :thumbsup: :rock:
Yea, well you can pick up Fortin Cali or a Cameron HG Jose or even a modded Marshall that Friedman did and save a lot of money compared to the Marsha. I have a friend that has a Marsha and he said great amp but at least $1000 overpriced. Im sure they are great but not worth 3K and up. At least not to me. To me its a $2000 amp. And yes the Wizards are also over priced.

These amps are alot like the european cars. A cut above but when bought and paid for new. :doh: Pricey......... :yes: ........... :LOL: :LOL:

Back