Going on 9 days...

Dang, Chris! How many RD's does this bring you up to? If I recall correctly I think you already have a few, right?

I just bought a '78 RD Custom today. I'll have to share a family pic once I have my quad all together. :rock:

Chris O":2ink8t4y said:
audiomidijace":2ink8t4y said:
By the way, I hope you post some pics of the guitars after all this drama! :)

Samples... :thumbsup:

dooredge":3n6dz2hp said:
Dang, Chris! How many RD's does this bring you up to? If I recall correctly I think you already have a few, right?

I just bought a '78 RD Custom today. I'll have to share a family pic once I have my quad all together. :rock:

These will be numbers 5 & 6.

Details on your 78 Custom? I've had my eye on a couple of those too, but just not the right one at the right time...

I need to get a family pic together too! :thumbsup:

Details from the ad:

Cosmetic condition: Great shape for its age, with some standard playwear. Various scratches, nicks, dings, dents, and scuffs, with some buckle rash and a few small areas of weather checking. There are two small scratches in the finish on the underside of the headstock which appear to be from repeated hanging on a wall hook, some visible pickwear scratches on the pickguard, and frets show visible wear, but have been leveled so they play great up and down the length of the neck.

Body: Offset maple body in natural finish with 5-ply black pickguard, Tune-O-Matic bridge, and chrome stopbar tailpiece.

Weight: 9 lb, 2.1 oz

Neck: Medium profile C-shaped maple neck with black side dots and pearl dot inlays. Double bound maple fingerboard is in terrific shape, and while frets show visible wear, they appear to have been leveled. 1 3/4” nut width, 25 1/2" scale length. Black headstock overlay with gold Gibson logo. Grover tuners are in perfect working order. Neck is straight and truss rod functions as it should.

Electronics: Dual Gibson Patent No. humbuckers with 3-way pickup selector switch, brightness switch, active Moog circuit, and black speed knobs, 2x volume, 2x tone.

Case: Original hard shell case included.

Chris O":35uweryj said:
That's one of the RDs I was looking at!! :LOL: :LOL: Nice score!

I'm not surprised! :D There's not a whole lot of them available and the ones that are most certainly get ogled frequently by the likes of you & I!

I'm getting old and my eyes aren't what they once were, but does anyone think these look like Gibson RD's?

I'm so FAR BEYOND FUCKIN PISSED RIGHT NOW THAT I CAN BARELY BREATHE.

Did he send them through the post office or UPS or Fed Ex ? Post office would be a mail fraud case... good luck man, fuck him !!!

Chris O":1djbaa0u said:
I'm getting old and my eyes aren't what they once were, but does anyone think these look like Gibson RD's?

For the record, wtf are they? I don't recognize the make/model...

dooredge":23k3cx7x said:
For the record, wtf are they? I don't recognize the make/model...

Some collaboration between Gibson and Wayne Charvel to make a "super-strat" in the late 80's.

Chris O":1by4w3lg said:
lespaul6":1by4w3lg said:
What forum is this guy selling things on? would like to know
eBay

UPDATE!

Tracking received on both guitars. I should see them Saturday! :thumbsup:
Yeah, I was gonna say chillax...It had technically only been 5 days, not 9 like you claimed because the seller said he would aim to ship it out on the 17th.

Lazy sellers are one thing.

Overly anxious and paranoid buyers who email sellers daily wanting updates while casually inferring that the seller is holding their money hostage and may be trying to rip them off is another...

D-Rock":v8nafhdp said:
Chris O":v8nafhdp said:
lespaul6":v8nafhdp said:
What forum is this guy selling things on? would like to know
eBay

UPDATE!

Tracking received on both guitars. I should see them Saturday! :thumbsup:
Yeah, I was gonna say chillax...It had technically only been 5 days, not 9 like you claimed because the seller said he would aim to ship it out on the 17th.

Lazy sellers are one thing.

Overly anxious and paranoid buyers who email sellers daily wanting updates while casually inferring that the seller is holding their money hostage and may be trying to rip them off is another...

???

Uhhh...NO. He didn't tell me about the shipping delay until after I paid him. PROBLEM #1.

I "chillax'd" and let that fly. Then the continual failures to communicate OR follow through on what he said he'd do, to which I politely asked him what was going on and got non-answers.

Overly anxious and paranoid? Holding my money hostage? Fuck you. I simply told him that you have my money and I don't even have an ACCURATE answer (or even an inferred one) of when they were going to ship. "I'll stay in touch" doesn't cut it.

I didn't email him for 6 days after I paid him, when he failed to get me tracking info. And then the next day - FAIL, and the next - FAIL AGAIN...until I had to threaten to scuttle the deal. Then he was interested again. And then this...

You might be swimming in cash, but $3300 is a lot of money to me.

Deanmachine":bcxfn6dl said:
Does that mean somebody else got your guitar ..sorry for your nightmare I'd be breathing fire right now.

I just got a call - they're in Texas at the Post Office. I got someone else's evidently.

He said he'd get it straightened out. I called him back a few minutes later and told him I'm done. Refund me, and send me shipping labels. I'll sleep on it, but that probably will not change. Fool me once...twice...but not three times.

Back