Got a Stone Age 4x12 coming!!

mightyjoeyoungxnj

Hey dudes,

I've wanted one of these for a while a bit the bullet a few weeks ago. Let me just say, John's customer service has been second to none. He sends pictures of the progress of your cab and calls with any questions or concerns. We spoke briefly on the phone today regarding the cab. I can tell he really cares about the construction of his cabs. I can't wait to get it!

Mine is on the left, pretty sure:

4x12b_two_black_and_cabs_april_29_09_66.jpg

Just thought I would throw this out there. I'm sure I'm going to love this cab!

-Joe

Thanks guys! I'm really comfortable with this purchase after speaking with John regarding his construction techniques. Great customer service.

-Joe

Hey there DB - to my understanding, Stone Age cabs are built to Marshall '68 specs. Birch is same thickness and number of plies, and is the highest grade made. Dimensionally, Marshall cabs back then varied within a tolerance range, but Stone Age cabs are targeted to be within that tolerance. The tolex and cloth for Stone Age cabs are "genuine Marshall" and made in the UK, at the same facilities as Marshall used in the late 60s.

I like knowing that by using Stone Age 4X12s I'm owning cabs constructed to '68 Marshall cab specs, and to the highest quality, unlike Marshall since the 1970s. While there are others makers that have good reputations and have had some success playing with the dimensions of a 4x12, I like Stone Age because they are indeed repros of a cab that has worked so well for so long, built to the same standard or even better.

Back