Got my Bias email

Gorehog

Looks like ill be getting "desktop" tonite. I have no need to "tone match" my amps, so ill tru desktop first, and maybe move up later.love it on the ipad, hope its worth the wait and $$.

Cool, let us know what you think.

I got the email as well but am not going to purchase. I don't even use the regular Bias anymore.

If H ad some extra $$ for a really good power amp I might but my Ultra Lead > Bias right now.

I would like to learn more about the tone matching and desktop version but not right now.

I downloaded the pro demo...I'll probably end up getting the basic as well. I don't need all the other stuff off the bat. I put up a clip here yesterday.

SkyhighRocks":60rhoyhs said:
I downloaded the pro demo...I'll probably end up getting the basic as well. I don't need all the other stuff off the bat. I put up a clip here yesterday.

I heard that and it did sound pretty awesome.

What are you using for power? Or does the desktpo not need any?

What differences does the desktop have other than the tone matching?

maddnotez":3pgf22r4 said:
SkyhighRocks":3pgf22r4 said:

Thanks man!

It's a plugin for a DAw...I use reaper. I plug into my Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 and just load it up in Reaper.

Not entirely sure of the differences but I think the basic doesn't have amp matching and is missing a few amp models.

I have Logic 9. Apogee Duet interface. Ill check out the clip in a cpl minutes. At work now. Will post some kind of clip tomorrow for sure.

SkyhighRocks":1m2wycca said:
maddnotez":1m2wycca said:
SkyhighRocks":1m2wycca said:

Thanks man!

It's a plugin for a DAw...I use reaper. I plug into my Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 and just load it up in Reaper.

Not entirely sure of the differences but I think the basic doesn't have amp matching and is missing a few amp models.

Ah ok. I had a brainfart asking what you use for power. Recording purposes for desktop makes more sense :)

I'm sure it is a fine product, and Skyhighrocks clip sounded good to me, so I went to the site to check it out. Their approach to selling the product is a complete turn off for me. What is all of this "invite only" shit? Wouldn't it be easier for them and the consumer if they had a buy it button, and stated their preferred method of payment? Am I missing something here?

voodooradio1":1mi1hqda said:
I'm sure it is a fine product, and Skyhighrocks clip sounded good to me, so I went to the site to check it out. Their approach to selling the product is a complete turn off for me. What is all of this "invite only" shit? Wouldn't it be easier for them and the consumer if they had a buy it button, and stated their preferred method of payment? Am I missing something here?

The email said "currently" invite only. I guess it went to previous Bias owners first as a perk?

I'm sure it will be available to all soon.

If anyone wants my code pm me for it, I'm not going to buy right now.

As far as I can tell, it just disables the tone every minute or so...and amp matching is not in the demo. There's probably more.

I bought BIAS yes!!! here are my thoughts thus far.

One thing I don't like is that there's no JamUp desktop on the horizon and thus there's no effects or ODs etc to add into the mix. That's a bummer forsure because that's a huge addition to BIAS.

Apart from that, this thing is fucking off the charts awesome. I absolutely fucking love it. I only sat with it for about an hour tonight but after watching some tutorials on youtube, tomorrow is going to be a full day of recording and good times.

Marshall tones are great. 5153 tones are great. Havent got past those yet.

No need for jamup.
Use the FX in your DAW.

Back