Great Friedman BE-50 Demo (Dave Weiner)

laneychris":wnzqp1rj said:
I don't understand why people(psychodave) have to act like they have secrets with amps....

Secret amps cum at a cost and involve a secret hand on cock shake. People like Dave who own them like to think it makes them special or gives them forum cred but it really doesn't. Trust me you don't want to pay the cost for these "secret amps".... on top of that they are that good anyway.

ejecta":31k181vh said:
laneychris":31k181vh said:
I don't understand why people(psychodave) have to act like they have secrets with amps....

Secret amps cum at a cost and involve a secret hand on cock shake. People like Dave who own them like to think it makes them special or gives them forum cred but it really doesn't. Trust me you don't want to pay the cost for these "secret amps".... on top of that they are that good anyway.

:LOL: :LOL: For your mental database of me... I have a CCV, Aldrich mod, stock 1967 plexi, stock 1971 Super Lead and stock 1980 JMP Marshall amps. Nothing custom or secret about them. Looks like the cum is still on your face beta boy. :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":3pdpy64s said:
:LOL: :LOL: For your mental database of me... I have a CCV, Aldrich mod, stock 1967 plexi, stock 1971 Super Lead and stock 1980 JMP Marshall amps. Nothing custom or secret about them. Looks like the cum is still on your face beta boy. :LOL: :LOL:

I just came from that list of amps. :shocked:

I just watched a bit. Had to fast forward. Sounded bad.
It’s ok. No reason to fight. It’s just a bad vid of a great amp on the internet.

Badronald":2fgdmyuv said:
I just watched a bit. Had to fast forward. Sounded bad.
It’s ok. No reason to fight. It’s just a bad vid of a great amp on the internet.

Summed up exactly the way I see it.

psychodave":385ief5x said:
ejecta":385ief5x said:
laneychris":385ief5x said:

Oh I know..... you and Mark have had long nights cuddling naked where he told you whats under the goop so that there's no secrets between you lovers. :aww:

Ok so NOT to disparage Dave's vid, because again, I think it's one of the only ones out that actually goes over the feature set of the amp and is what the Friedman camps asked of him, what would you guys like to see from the vid/s I am going to do.

My plan is to go through like I did with my KSR Juno vid and also do some various full mix clips with Actives, Passives, Single Coil's, etc. Maybe even something 7-string.

JerEvil":7wtjd4gq said:
Ok so NOT to disparage Dave's vid, because again, I think it's one of the only ones out that actually goes over the feature set of the amp and is what the Friedman camps asked of him, what would you guys like to see from the vid/s I am going to do.

My plan is to go through like I did with my KSR Juno vid and also do some various full mix clips with Actives, Passives, Single Coil's, etc. Maybe even something 7-string.

Yup. I wanna be sure Dave is getting credit for a thorough review of the features as well. I feel like his effort and work product is getting a bit missed overall. But moving on...

Man, I think you hit it with doing a review like the KSR Juno. I'm probably less interested on actives vs. passives, but maybe single coil for dudes that play those.

I am, however, especially interested in how it compares to the BE100 in the BE and HBE channel. The BE100 doesn't have the Response knob, and I think that little knob there makes a big difference in setups and sounds. I realize that could make it a longer video, but perhaps without the Feel knob of the Juno, a brief EQ-to-EQ and Gain-to-Gain, BE2BE, HBE2HBE, comparison could be put in place of the time the Feel knob review took in the Juno.

My $.02.

Cheers!

JerEvil":2l69ft31 said:

To use a car buying analogy, I'd like to see more of a test drive. DW did a great job covering the options/features...now let's wind this baby up and see what she can do.

JerEvil":36ef7igf said:

TBH Jer, I love your videos. Your playing and tone styles suit what I go for and you seem like you are meant for the camera like I told you about the NAMM vids.

Unless I missed it, the only thing I would have liked to see different on the Juno vid is a short segment of a reamp session where you are turning the knobs on video with the music playing so we can see in real time. I have seen Fluff do that a few times and thought it was an excellent thing to see/hear.

LP Freak's IPhone clip of the BE-50 is hands down the best clip in existence. No backing track, no stupid shredding for the sake of showing off, and no mic on top of the speaker. Just a bare bones demo of blooming chords that accurately portrays how beautiful that amp sounds in the room....

Beyond Black":3vwg0fzb said:
LP Freak's IPhone clip of the BE-50 is hands down the best clip in existence. No backing track, no stupid shredding for the sake of showing off, and no mic on top of the speaker. Just a bare bones demo of blooming chords that accurately portrays how beautiful that amp sounds in the room....
yes, I also prefer in the room iphone or webcam clips.
Shows best what the amp would sound like when you play it.
Never understood the reviews that use the microphone on the amp, you can get great and bad sound depending on where you place it, and in reality it never sound like it when you play at home or live.
Bought some amps based on youtube mic'd speakers and got dissapointed when played at home.

ex. just check Johan Segeborn videos, he can make any amp sound like a plexi or Ola Englund where every amp sounds the same basically.

marcus262":t6cot2oj said:
Beyond Black":t6cot2oj said:
Never understood the reviews that use the microphone on the amp, you can get great and bad sound depending on where you place it, and in reality it never sound like it when you play at home or live.
Bought some amps based on youtube mic'd speakers and got dissapointed when played at home.

ex. just check Johan Segeborn videos, he can make any amp sound like a plexi or Ola Englund where every amp sounds the same basically.

Agree with this. But it has to be good placement of the iphone or webcam clips.

+1 on LP Freaks clip. I like micd cabs and all but the amp.in the room gives me a no nonsense approach. The amp kicks ass in that vid as it seems anyone would expect seeing the name badge , the Other vids are a bit confusing. Dont remember any controversy over the be100 vids.
Another note, the Dave Weiner smallbox vid didnt sound good to me at the time I was in the market. However there were other vids that did in fact sell me on it.. LP Freaks vid should be the one for the add until Dave and Doug go in and create.. of course thanks to LP Freak they have there work cut out:)

Junk Yard Dog":3e3iph1l said:
marcus262":3e3iph1l said:
Beyond Black":3e3iph1l said:

Yeah. It is rare that I hear iPhone clips I like better than a mic'd clip. I think Tom (Gsxrbusa) gets the best iPhone clips i have heard.

marcus262":odao528d said:
Beyond Black":odao528d said:

Totally agree. Miced clips have too many outside factors influencing what you're hearing. More or less showcases the persons recording abilities instead of the amps tone.

JerEvil":y0ajuf10 said:
Junk Yard Dog":y0ajuf10 said:
marcus262":y0ajuf10 said:
Beyond Black":y0ajuf10 said:

Yeah. It is rare that I hear iPhone clips I like better than a mic'd clip. I think Tom (Gsxrbusa) gets the best iPhone clips i have heard.
Yes, his clips sound KILLER. Good luck getting that tone without a sub though. :LOL: :LOL:

Back