Greg Koch 2024 03 08 "Full Show" Boca Raton, Florida - The Funky Biscuit

Great stuff, those woody woodpecker licks are something Ive never heard anyone but him do. He has as great a command of the instrument as anyone, and he's so different from any one else. I never did see the bass player :LOL: Those guys are TIGHT!
And that Hammond is NASTY!

I don't know if I've seen him using his sig Koch amp at all since he had one meltdown on stage and had to use a Katana to finish the show :unsure:

I don't know if I've seen him using his sig Koch amp at all since he had one meltdown on stage and had to use a Katana to finish the show :unsure:
I actually got to play one of those today. It was used at the Atlanta GC. Not bad but the more I messed with it, the more I fell out of love with it. When firing it up, how it was set was the best sound. Considering it had a whole separate top panel dedicated to a boost, the tremolo and reverb, I was underwhelmed by all three of those facets of the amp. It drives like a goosed Fender but the clean tones don’t get as bouncy. Interesting amp. Not bad at all but played a Mesa Cali Tweed right after and then a used /13 that made it pretty forgettable.

I will say it was mighty awkward trying to call out the amp to the female sales associate when I wanted to check it out…😂

In this vid he looks to be playing the Tone King Royalist MkIII. Nice…I have the head version.

Man, that Rev Tele with the P90’s was sounding nice.

Last edited:
Excellent player...That's funny when he goes to flip the pickup selector up top like on a Paul and it's not there...

Greg isn’t my favourite guitar player, but he is the best guitar player. (And I do like him a lot haha)

I'd pay an exorbitant amount of doll hairs to see him and Phil X share a stage.

That would be just insane.

Back