hagen. i has.

van hellion

got it a couple days ago. got a quick clip on my facebook if you wanna hear it.

so the hagen did its first gig last night with flying colors. its really "chewy" in the mids, VERY immediate sounding, which makes it a bit harder to play so i can understand why folks may not dig it. this amp is a players amp, so if your having a good night, it throws everything to the forefront, unfortunately if you hit a sour note....well :) nothing like my other current high gain amps (5153, herbert, rhodes) which makes it a very welcome addition. right now the ultimate "blend" of 2 amps is still herbie and rhodes, as they seem to fill in each other better than you can imagine. The hagen sounds so good on its on, it has found a place in my smaller g system rig that i used for hired gun stuff. That said,i cant wait to have some controlled environment tests between all the amps.

no offense to any of the clips on the web, but they are a bit inaccurate sounding and they dont capture the midrange attack that hagen has when your next to it. the mids remind me of a more marshall based midrange.

ch1 and 2 are absolutely gorgeous. if you get a chance to play one, its worth plugging into :rock:

A Wood

van hellion":32qszhyj said:
no offense to any of the clips on the web, but they are a bit inaccurate sounding and they dont capture the midrange attack that hagen has when your next to it.

Well then, go make some clips that are accurate :).

Congrats on the amp.

Back