have any of you guys tryed out the Line 6 delay pedal

mandingo15

yea i am looking to buy the the line 6 DL-4...ive seen so many people with these and was wondering if it was worth the money to get it....

I have one, bought a boss dd20 too replace not oo long ago, the tap tempo button decided to stopp working. The boss is better except for some of the crazy tape sounds that you can get with the dl4. I do like the warped mode alot too.

really depends on what you need for delay anmd how much, some peopl that like shorter delays just fo leads go dd-3 or dd-5 also th dd-6 has longer delays and tap tempo i think. i have heard great shit about the line 6 but when challanged against the boss i have heard less than great results. so what i am saying is the boss, would be nice i think

I've played it. To me it isnt worth the $250, but I don't use much delay. If it was me I would just go with a Boss.

I like mine, but I agree that it's not worth 250$. If anything, I would buy it cheap on eBay or craig's list and get the keeley/way huge mod done to it. truly awesome.

Ya, I got one off ebay for a pretty good deal, and I thinks its a pretty nice unit. I probably wouldnt buy one new though.

I had one for a while. Sold it after a little bit. Really wasn't too impressed. Ask yourself if you really need that much delay. If you plan on doing u2 covers, and using it in every other song then you may need the versitility of the dl4 or dd20. But if your just going to use it for a quick delay to thicken your solos, just pick up the ad-9. I have a vs h20 right now, and does the job very well for me. + the chorus on it is my fav.

I guess the Line6 and Boss both have their strong points.

What I do recall hearing on numerous occasions about the Line6 is reliability issues: switches that crap out, powering and switches that activate the wrong presets.

Boss, on the other hand has received a lot of praise in the DL4/DD20 debate.

If you can try them out physically that would be your best. If you do need a lot of delay+a looper function my humble recommendation is the DD20.

I've had mine for a couple of years and I have no realibility issues whatsoever. I am looking to get rid of it because I am going back to figuring out how to get everything I want from my dry sound before creating a wet sound.

I have both and like them. Have had the DL-4 for a few years now and no problems whatsoever. Bought the DD-20 3 weeks ago. I use them both for looping type weird music.

Can't go wrong with either depending on your needs. I do like the tap tempo you have on the DL-4

Back