Help. Using pedals between my Mako Mak4 and Carvin T100.

I am trying to run a Carbon Copy and a Hardwire Reverb pedal between the preamp and power amp but not getting the results I am desiring. Theres more noise on the Makoplex and Dorado channels and when I engage the Carbon Copy there is a loss of high end and a little volume drop. I am using standard old CBI instrument cables. All the pedals out front sound great except for the reverb and delay, sounds like poop :thumbsdown: . Is there anything I am doing wrong? or anything somebody can think of because this is my first time into rack mount stuff and I am out of ideas. Any info would help.
Thanks,
Brian.

PS. Routing is like this: output Mako-input delay/output delay-input reverb/output reverb- input power amp.

One or both pedals is getting overloaded. You need pedal(s) with a Line Level (+4) input/ output

I am finding that the carbon copes max input is +5 dBV at 500 Hz and the output is +8 dBV. I have only found an ohm reference for the hardwire reverb. Shouldn't the carbon copy be ok?

I just looked this up and somebody suggested an ebtech line leveler. Anybody use one? for 75 bucks don't seem like it could hurt to try.

renegade5150":2pfaejid said:
I just looked this up and somebody suggested an ebtech line leveler. Anybody use one? for 75 bucks don't seem like it could hurt to try.

Save your money. I tried it years ago with my SLO-100 and it still wasn't right.

Try the Hardwire by itself. It MAY be able to handle Line Level. Forget the Carbon Copy, it's -10 instrument level pedal.

UPDATE: This problem of noise has nothing to do with the"fx loop?". I ran the reverb by itself, it was fine. I ran both the reverb and the delay, also fine. I plugged my tuner in front of the amp and BAM theres the noise on channel 3 and 4. Now it only does this when theres pedals in front of the amp. When its just guitar straight in, no extra noise. Preamp tube problem? All my cables tested good on my pedal board. Time for more testing.

Back