Herbert question

DaveMercado

Hi guys, Im new in this forum.
And I would really appreciate your help.
So, thanks in advance.
Im going to buy a new Diezel amp. And I have a few questions.
The first one is, I know there is a Herbert MKI and MKII, does the new herbert is the MKII version?
The second one is, does the Diezel FS-7 HE works with the Herbert MKII?
And finally, is there a big difference between the cabinet with tone tubby speakers and vintage 30 speakers?
Thanks guys.

Yes for all!
The mkII is the new one.
The foot switch only works with the mkII.
And yes, there's a big difference between these speakers. You can find the tone tubby speaker only in the rearloaded cabs. They sound more open compared to the v30. But IMHO a little bit stiff. My choice is the FL v30. Best of both worlds.

Welcome to the board!!

Yes, Bato is correct...MKII is the current Herbert version. Mark I is pre 2012, maybe earlier.
Also, the Diezel footswitch is designed to work with Herbert, Hagen at the least.
Finally, the Tone Tubby's are definitely different than the V30's. I had a cab with the Tubby's in it. The Tone Tubby's didn't "work" with Herbert as well. Not bad, just not as good as the V30's, IMO. That said, I took the Tubby's out, put them in another cab, they were great. Still sold that cab and kept the another loaded with V30's. I prefer to mix V30's with K100's, both front loaded option.

My personal preference, check out my avatar, is to use one 4X12 with K100's on top and another with V30's on the bottom. Full stack of Diezel's on stage, oh yes!!!!

You will not regret Herbert, or Diezel FL cabs, simply AWESOME!!!!
Good Luck

DaveMercado":3kvnljd7 said:
Hi guys, Im new in this forum.
And I would really appreciate your help.
So, thanks in advance.
Im going to buy a new Diezel amp. And I have a few questions.
The first one is, I know there is a Herbert MKI and MKII, does the new herbert is the MKII version?
The second one is, does the Diezel FS-7 HE works with the Herbert MKII?
And finally, is there a big difference between the cabinet with tone tubby speakers and vintage 30 speakers?
Thanks guys.
The DH MK1 is far superior by far, hands down.

Back