Herbert switchable features

Skrln

Hey all

I was wondering why it's not possible to switch the Plus/Minus feature on the Herbert ch2 via midi... This really makes me hesitant to get one. Is there a fix possible?
On the other hand, can the VH4 Ch2 come close to the Herbert ch2+ mode?

I've played both, but as always you never get the time you really want to check it all out. Also, the store is 2 countries and a 7hour drive away, so it's pretty hard for me to get there and check it all out.

Are there any other features on both the herbert and vh4 that aren't switchable?

Thanks a lot,
Skrln

There would only be a fix if it were broken. The Herbert is a three channel amp.
The VH4's Channel 2 cannot do Herbert's 2+. It's more like a Herbert's 2- with more
high end and cut. I can't see how someone could rag on the Herbert for not having
enough switchable items. Read the manuals for the full details, but each has a trade off like
channel inserts, switchable loops, second master's and mid cut etc.

If you need a true fix for Herbert's channel 2-, put the amp in 2+ and roll your guitar volume down.
Works like a charm.

Thanks to the both of you.

I'll be a Herbert owner soon :). I'll first try the simple volume trick, and if that doesn't suit me, I can use the mod.

I have another question. What is the lowest rated cab in Wattage that can handle a Herbert?

I have 2 cabinets now, one can handle 240W (4x12 V30), and the other 120W (2x12 V30). But the herbert is 180W?

Skrln":28cdo1c4 said:
I have another question. What is the lowest rated cab in Wattage that can handle a Herbert?

I have 2 cabinets now, one can handle 240W (4x12 V30), and the other 120W (2x12 V30). But the herbert is 180W?

Which stadium are you playing?

steve_k":cpxgia8x said:
:LOL: :LOL:

depends on your usage of the deep-knob and palm-muted playing, too... if all is 11 then better go with the 412 or better 2x412 :rock:

Maybe if I knew what you want to say I'd find it funny too ;). But what do you mean?

I was just wondering because I've always heard that to be safe, a cab should always be rated higher than the amplifier. Just wanted to know that I could play the herbert on a 120W rated 2x12 if I wanted to.

I really don't play very loud. Master volume doesn't go higher then 4/10 at gigs, and practice it's even less.

sorry mate.... :thumbsup:

at club volume or small affairs, i would not hesitate to use a 120 watt cab with a herbie with regards to output. chances are, with 34's in it, and a moderate 70% bias, you will only be putting out 6x15 = 75 watts cranked. But, you would be pushing so much air, that the speakers would fall to pieces, sonically.

but, there will never be a 212 to sound better than a 412. don't let people yank your chain there. if you got the room to haul the 412, always go with it with the herbie.

steve

steve_k":2s2nwjpe said:
but, there will never be a 212 to sound better than a 412. don't let people yank your chain there. if you got the room to haul the 412, always go with it with the herbie.

steve

You really need to try a port city steve!

I have yet to a/b my os against a 4x12 that has more girth or more of anything for that matter.
I bought it whe i ad a Mesa os recto that i planned to keep. The port sounded so much bigger i wound up selling the Mesa.

Hey Guys,

there is a possibility of midi-switching the ±switch.

Make ± Footswitchable, pretty easy, just one Jack in parallel with the manaul switch.
Then use a small midi-switcher or Looper to have the ±thing beeing switched via midi.
Works pretty well.

Cheers,
Swen

Back