Here is a vid hooking up the Deetzul and the Boss GT-10

DOOD!
Great video! I'm the guy from your previous rig-talk post about the GT10.
I got it to work awesome with both my SigX and my Herbert! This thing is pretty damn transparent I gotta tell u. With the 4 cable method I don't loose the punch or the definition of my amp. What I did notice with NO FX or PREAMPS on is that it adds a tiny bit of highs - very unoticeable unless you A/B for 10 minutes back and forth so I turned my highs to -1 ( very negligible). The thing is, if you testing the amp at decent volumes for a while you get ear fatigue and you hear things differently. So STOP take a break and come back otherwise you'll think the sound is changing or something.. like a moving target.

I don't care for the preamps. The WAHs sound great! the Compressor is just as good if not better than my Guyatone. Love it! The mod effects are way cool! Reverbs and delays are great too! Very easy to work with this once the leves are set properly.
I'd be glad to share my setting with anyone interested in the 4 cable method.

Sean, your YouTube post was hilarious! :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:
And thank you for taking the time to demo the hook up and functionality of the GT10. I've been considering it for a while, you may have helped me decide that it's for me.
(you need to be paid for all of the advertising you've done)
mike :rock:

Thanks guys I appreicate it. It just was so frustrating having to rely on message boards to finally figure out to set it up. The manual IMO sucks and is so geared toward modeling and you can just sense it the manual makes it to be the competition of the Line 6 X3 Live........I am like........but what about all of us who DON"T what model sims etc, and just want FX and midi channel switching? So over all great product. :thumbsup:

Hi guys
Is your Herbert save light slightly flashing fast (dim light) when connecting the GT-10 via a MIDI cable. You can also slightly "hear it" in the speakers when you're idle.
As soon as I disconnect the MIDI cable from the GT-10 the light is fine and stops flashing
I didn't encounter this behavior with the Behringer FCB1010. Any ideas?
Wondering if it's my GT-10 or my Herbert.
Can u guys please try it and let me know
Thanks

diezelboy":1jgpe1ww said:
Hi guys
Is your Herbert save light slightly flashing fast (dim light) when connecting the GT-10 via a MIDI cable. You can also slightly "hear it" in the speakers when you're idle.
As soon as I disconnect the MIDI cable from the GT-10 the light is fine and stops flashing
I didn't encounter this behavior with the Behringer FCB1010. Any ideas?
Wondering if it's my GT-10 or my Herbert.
Can u guys please try it and let me know
Thanks

I think it is the GT-10 mine flickers but still allows for saving and storing etc, but I have noticed a little of a tap when Idle. But now I run it into my VH4S and i seems to have no flicker and no noise. God figure.

Yeah it's very weird.
I wonder how I can get rid of that. I tried changing the BPMs, nothing..
I also have a G-System on hand and that thing doesn't do that. I wonder what it could be? Looks like the GT-10 is constantly sending MIDI messages or something?

How did u find the G-System vs GT-10 with the Herbie in a 4CM setup?
They feel a tad different and both a tiny bit of coloration (well no surprise there), but live or practice you can't tell one from the other.

diezelboy":55ejs7he said:
Yeah it's very weird.
I wonder how I can get rid of that. I tried changing the BPMs, nothing..
I also have a G-System on hand and that thing doesn't do that. I wonder what it could be? Looks like the GT-10 is constantly sending MIDI messages or something?

How did u find the G-System vs GT-10 with the Herbie in a 4CM setup?
They feel a tad different and both a tiny bit of coloration (well no surprise there), but live or practice you can't tell one from the other.

I dunno I never had a G-System just G-Force. Anyhoo i use the GT-10 with my VH4S and will be selling my Herbie for a VH4. Once for home, one for gigging. Or maybe I'll find another head I like, but IMO once ya go midi, ya never go back LOL

stupid question, but are you guys using a 5 PIN midi cable to connect the GT10 to the VH4/Herbert? Everything I've got is 5 PIN since pwr ain't an issue.

bmwm3cs":1ygloug8 said:
What is the 4 pin method?
it means 4 cable method. guitar into gt-10 send to input of amp and the other two, the return and output mono into the send and return of the head.

Back