Hermansson Recto in a full metal mix

Bram576

Hey guys, I wanted to start doing more full mixes, mainly to improve my own skills and because at this point I’m not doing the band thing really with 3 kids at home. So… here we go. First up is the Hermansson recto. Did a death metal track, but no vocals, because I don’t do them. My video skills are basically non existent but gave an honest effort lol.

Last edited:
I’m almost wondering if his tightness circuit is a gate like function the way it reacts. Whatever he does it is a unique amp.

Last edited:
Sounds gnarly man, great job! Can I ask what tuning you are in for this?
Hey man, C standard here. I’ve experimented a lot with low tunings and feel like C/C# is about my happy place. Can still do the death metal/ thrashy riffs without losing clarity. I’m not a drop guy. Just always played standard for everything then tried it at one point and it’s not for me, because of my habits.

Kitchen metalware core
I thought it was a kitchen at first too. I kept waiting to hear "it would be nice if I could fix dinner! Your kids are hungry!", from off camera. 😆

Not generally a big fan of Recto tones or downtuned riffing, but that sounded pretty great.

Killer shit man :rock:

Thanks for sharing.

If I could play like that, sound like, add drums like that and video like that I'd be one happy camper.
Thanks man! Put a lot of work into recording and mixing…. honestly set myself back like 5 years listening to stupid YouTubers at first lol. Mix advice without them knowing what the hell they’re doing at all in the first place. Trying to figure out the video thing, but man totally new deal to me. Just using an iPhone now then replacing audio with my clips.

Back