HH V 800 repair

paulyc

Anyone have an electronics guy that can fix one of these things ??? I’ve been to THREE different techs and none of them can/will fix it. I’ve already contacted Stretch at Valley Sound in LA (supposed to be the premier guy for these), but he’s no longer doing repairs. I’d rather not toss this in a landfill or use it as a step stool. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Where are you located? What’s the symptom?

Can you get your hands on an actual schematic?

Having spoken to Mike B at Mesa, he said he can fix the HH V800. This was probably 10 years ago, so he might not care enough now.

I do know there is a guy in the UK who fixes them but shipping isn’t really feasible.

I have to say, this has been an exercise in frustration. FOUR local techs looked at it and passed. Another one is retiring and wouldn’t even take it in. I found a guy that’s well known in the amp world that I shipped it to yesterday, but he made me promise not to tell people who he is as he’s swamped with things to do… but I’ll update when (or if) it comes back fixed (without outing him).

Do you need Schematics ? You need a competent tech and the schematic. This thread is as good as it gets :
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/h-h-audio-v800-amplifier-information.120846/

I would avoid tube guys and amp techs without degrees on this. Hi Fi guys that repair that shit all day long instead. Don't buy that ' swamped shit and make me a promise crap. Bad signs my friend. Clowns do that who need time to figure shit out.

The guys who know what the fuck they are doing will put it on the bench while you wait. I know several.

Back