High Gain Kemper Profiles

hatrick00":2utmgoty said:
the4thlast1":2utmgoty said:
Great thread ! .... So far for me the Marc Cudan 6505+ profile and there is a Mark IIc+ profile I like from Djemass
Those are pretty cool! Ok I spent about 3 hours this morning going through some profiles. Got my kemper sounding better than ever. The biggest problem I have found with this thing so far is that the quality of the profiles can vary sooooo much. Kinda a scavenger hunt to find the good ones.... But once you do this thing is the real deal. Captures some sounds that I just have not gotten out of the axe fx. Sometimes I like the axe more because there is no chase, you just use your ear and build what sounds right. But I see the kemper having a bigger potential of tones it can capture. Both are amazing machines. Anyone that is having trouble can PM me. I will hook you up.

Yeah unless you can make killer profiles on your own which I think isn't as easy as some might say. At least not in my experience .....but yeah you gotta be a bit of a scavenger if you rely on other peoples profiles. Which I don't mind, its been fun so far.

So you said you spent three hours with your Kemper and got it sounding great.. Which profile do you like most for high gain rhythm ?

i found a 5150III 50 watt that has a Mesa Flux Drive in it that sounds unreal. That would prob be my go-to chunky rhythm right now. But also most of the stuff from Pete Turley is crazy good. Those i have been using more for lead though. But if you like the marshall sound they absolutely could be used for rhythm too. The thing with the Kemper and the profiling process is that EVERY variable in the chain plays an integral part. The pickups, the strings, the mics, the speaker, the cab, the guitar, etc... i mean it really all makes a huge impact. I have found the EQ on the kemper can "only do so much". I don't really like changing the EQ more than -1.5-+1.5 on anything. Also the gain past like 6.7-6.8 on most profiles sounds like muddled dog shit. In my opinion lol.

Cool, I agree with what you said , sometimes I turn the gain down a bit on soms profiles and I only tweak a little but sometimes a post eq after the power section adds a special something...I use one of the built in eqs it came with.

So whats the 5153 profile , I would give it a whirl , you like it more than the Marco 6505+ profile ?

the4thlast1":71pldovc said:
Cool, I agree with what you said , sometimes I turn the gain down a bit on soms profiles and I only tweak a little but sometimes a post eq after the power section adds a special something...I use one of the built in eqs it came with.

So whats the 5153 profile , I would give it a whirl , you like it more than the Marco 6505+ profile ?
PM'd

Back