HIGH GAIN WARS SHOOTOUT 2013/2014 LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY

Bah, you got me so annoyed I forgot my story about the Aryan Brotherhood ex/con mechanic. He went on to join the Fire Dept. (with a swastika tattoo on his arm no less, gotta love Arizona :[ Anyway, besides him and the nasty mechanics I'd deliver parts to (who were rude to all the drivers including myself even though they were earning $50 an hour while we made $10), the only mechanic musicians I knew generally:

* Couldn't play for shit
* Listened only to Death Metal
* Owned Peavey Combos with a Boss Metal Zone and thought they had great tone (tuned to B no less!)
* Guitars were constantly out of tune
* Considered Kerry King to be a "Great" lead player

I just call em' as I see em. Sorry mate!

And for the record, I am VERY poor at the moment, I spent my last saved up few k on a Herbert because I knew it would be my final amp purchase and I wanted the best. I went without an amp for years and saved until I got what I wanted and didn't settle. I spent far more time sitting on the floor with an electric and no amp than I have (so far) plugged into my expensive Herbert AND... My wife almost snipped me from the balls up for shelling out 4k for a Herbert and 1500 for the matching cab. However....
IT WAS WORTH IT hahahahaha!~ I'm an Actor waiting tables in LA and playing gigs on the side, AND i have a 2 year old. You probably make (and have) more money than me. Lighten up dude. You read WAYYY too much into what I wrote.

MikeToddOnline":1yqapbrb said:
And for the record, I am VERY poor at the moment, I spent my last saved up few k on a Herbert because I knew it would be my final amp purchase and I wanted the best. I went without an amp for years and saved until I got what I wanted and didn't settle. I spent far more time sitting on the floor with an electric and no amp than I have (so far) plugged into my expensive Herbert AND... My wife almost snipped me from the balls up for shelling out 4k for a Herbert and 1500 for the matching cab. However....
IT WAS WORTH IT hahahahaha!~ I'm an Actor waiting tables in LA and playing gigs on the side, AND i have a 2 year old. You probably make (and have) more money than me. Lighten up dude. You read WAYYY too much into what I wrote.

will girls ever understand what guys are made off ? and perhaps she would quote you a 9k worth of accessories and handbags :LOL: :LOL:

MikeToddOnline":pp7uxcxi said:
* My Dad (RIP) was a mechanic and a welder. So much for your "douche" theory (although in my defense at least I have clean fingernails) ;0)

* The only other mechanic I knew (and this includes my Dad) would NEVER shell out 4 k for an amp head because 90% or more (IM guessing) professional mechanics work on cars for a LIVING and for them music is a hobby.

* Granted I'm stereotyping mechanics here but the mechanics in Arizona anyway, where I grew up, are guys that are like ex cons, have Swastika Tattoos and shit, meth guys, former meth guys, not exactly the top of the gene pool. I'm sorry if I stereotyped but it wasn't meant to imply that mechanics CAN'T afford a Herbert but simply WOULDN'T shell out that kind of cash for a hobby device. I laid out my 4 k because I'm in Hollywood competing with the best Musicians in the World and I needed any edge I could get, even to get into a lame cover band. The fact that you are so defensive about your profession tells me that you are one of the rare, honest, high class mechanics and not part of the RIP OFF INDUSTRY that is auto mechanics/auto parts/automotive. Dude I DELIVERED AUTO PARTS as a summer job for years during college. That's WAY lower on the social tier than a mechanic and you could make fun of auto parts drivers all you want because the fact is, most of them didn't graduate high school and don't even have all their god damn teeth for christ's sake.

I also bore witness to the TERRIBLE rip off the whole thing is. I would take a water pump from (name auto parts store) and the ticket would say Water Pump (Wholesale $75.) We would sell it for $150 to the garage. Then the garage would charge some (likely middle class and barely able to make rent) family/wife/etc. FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS. It's an obscene mark up and while I know it's the shop owner's policy and not the mechanics, it's still a rip off. At least with a Diezel you get your money's worth. Bah. Look take what you want out of my post, I don't really care. But at least I didn't say something like all/most mechanics are douches. You probably could have retorted without name-calling as Peter noted. Then again, you were probably busy using Orange on your hands :) JK man.

Peace out potty mouth :)
you are digging your self a hole you judgemental fuckstick!!!!!!!!

MikeToddOnline":366e0jp9 said:
I'm sorry if I stereotyped but it wasn't meant to imply that mechanics CAN'T afford a Herbert but simply WOULDN'T shell out that kind of cash for a hobby device. I laid out my 4 k because I'm in Hollywood competing with the best Musicians in the World and I needed any edge I could get, even to get into a lame cover band.

I respectively disagree, it's the hobbyists who are the bread and butter of boutique amp sales. The pro's just help sell them.

I'm certainly no authority on this topic but I would think having an edge in Hollywood owning a Herbert would be the least of my concerns. Having the right look and connections would be first and foremost no? Then the necessary chops, and the gear stuff last. :)

Back