I can't wait until Mike Revisits this!

Gainfreak

A Plexi Proto that we were working on. Not 100% soup yet but very close!! Oldie but goodie!

It's 100% Plexi/SL spec with only 2 gain stages. The Gain is coming from cranking the amp and lowering the volume using Mikes
built in Electric Variac! The amp has 2 i/p One is 2 gain stages and the other is the same spec with an added gain stage. The clip was
done using the 2 gain stage side, cranking it up and lowering the volume with the built in variac!

:cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYr-CITKD5s

Crystal Skull Vodka FTW! :thumbsup:

Got a bottle at home myself. :rock:

That amp sounds stupidly good too. :D

JerEvil":wdwb8r8q said:

:rock:

D-Rock":wdwb8r8q said:
Crystal Skull Vodka FTW! :thumbsup:

Got a bottle at home myself. :rock:

That amp sounds stupidly good too. :D

I got the Crystal Skull Vodka as a Christmas Present a few years ago with the 2 skull head shot glasses and I LOVE it!! :D

Thanks for listening !! :cheers:

~R~

that sounds absolutely killer, who is playing you or mike?

is this like putting a variac after the amp, before the cab?

yngzaklynch":3kc8yh66 said:
That sounded pretty damn great to me!

Thanks Brother!!

wIsEbLooD":3kc8yh66 said:
that sounds absolutely killer, who is playing you or mike?

is this like putting a variac after the amp, before the cab?

Thanks!

That is me Playing. The electronic variac lowers the voltage and acts like a Master volume but I'm not exactly sure how it works lol!

id have to ask Mike.
It is pretty amazing what it does to the sound. That really is a good Plexi spec with only 2 gain stages but when you squash the signal with the Variac, The gain goes through the roof and the Harmonic complexity is sick. I don't think any other amp does what this does. It's pretty sick/fun to play!!

All the best!!
~R~

Gainzilla":3kc8yh66 said:
Browner than my shorts after OD'ing on tequila....

NICE!!!!! hahha!!! :cheers:

wheelman":3kc8yh66 said:
I'm liking that one.

Thanks Wheelman!! :cheers:

JTyson":3kc8yh66 said:
:rock: :rock: :rock:

THAT is one sweet killer lead tone Ralph :yes:

Thanks "J" !!!! :cheers:

crwnedblasphemy":3g3fy7kc said:
Tone = :rock:

Crystal Skull = :jerkit: :bleh:

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Ryan,

I actually haven't tasted it because I never opened it!! It looked to cool, So I put it in my Girlfriends display case at her house!! :hys:

amp sounds pretty good for a hack playing through it...definitely got a hint of brown in there...need someone that knows what they are doing on the fretboard to demo it...geez...kids these days LOL !!!! just kidding !!!! Ralph...that rocks brother !!!!!!!! awesome tone and playing !

HAHA....I have one in my bathroom(empty) for the gothic look next to this big black iron candle holder. Looks cool. I have also seen someone use it as a candle holder itself, and it drips down on the glass. looks kinda cool.

But it is distilled like 5 times, which makes it taste like rubbing alcohol. For the money, I'd take two bottles of Kettle One over it anyday/anytime. :yes:

I was out eating sushi when you posted this. Kinda hurried home to hear it. Damn that sounds good. But can it do 80's tones???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sandman":1fzgqsk6 said:
amp sounds pretty good for a hack playing through it...definitely got a hint of brown in there...need someone that knows what they are doing on the fretboard to demo it...geez...kids these days LOL !!!! just kidding !!!! Ralph...that rocks brother !!!!!!!! awesome tone and playing !
I'm in tears but I kind of agree with you about the hacking hahahhaha :D Thanks so much brother!!

crwnedblasphemy":1fzgqsk6 said:
HAHA....I have one in my bathroom(empty) for the gothic look next to this big black iron candle holder. Looks cool. I have also seen someone use it as a candle holder itself, and it drips down on the glass. looks kinda cool.

But it is distilled like 5 times, which makes it taste like rubbing alcohol. For the money, I'd take two bottles of Kettle One over it anyday/anytime. :yes:

Oh man... The worst vodka I ever had was Georgi Vodka....Now that shit I'm possitive is RUBBING alcohol :D

These days I dig Kettle One, grey Goose and van gogh flavored :) YOU ROCK!

RustyMcTavish":1fzgqsk6 said:
I dig it a lot :rock: :rock:

Thanks Rusty!

amiller":1fzgqsk6 said:
Gotta be one of the most organic tones I've heard...Excellent! :rock:

What was the recording signal path?

Thanks Buddah! Sure sm57 pointed straight towards the cone of a Marshall cab loaded with Greenback re-issues.
I used Sonar for this and added a lot less verb and delay then I used to :D

bubbastain":1fzgqsk6 said:
I was out eating sushi when you posted this. Kinda hurried home to hear it. Damn that sounds good. But can it do 80's tones???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:hys: :yes: :thumbsup:

ejecta":1fzgqsk6 said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Yes he needs to get back on that because me would likey to have. :rock: :yes:

We are most definitely going to work on it! It's not perfect yet, But I know that when Mikes done, it's going to be KILLER!

This amp came about because a lot of people were looking for that type of sound. What I mean is that there are many that can do that but I've been hearing from a lot of people who bought and amp like that, that when they got it home, they weren't able to re-produce the sound that they heard from clips. I asked Mike to come up with something that ANYONE could plug into and get that sound and he delivered BIG. All you need is that amp, your guitar and preferably a greenback cab. it sounds killer through other speakers but I personally believe greenies sound best with that spec!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Back