I played two seconds of my new EQ pedal. Amazing! Ive been in a cave

It’s a revelation. EQ as the last pedal before the hitting amp in a frown (pushing the mids) with another EQ as first pedal in the loop (or after a reactive load) with a big smile (scooping the mids). Total bliss, adjust to taste.

What eq’s are you guys using?
I have a Perfect 10 by Whirlwind as my first pedal before the amp. Have had it about 7 or 8 years. And a Mesa 5-band for post. But about a year ago I switched to a Source Audio EQ2 for stereo programming options post. But really just about anything will work.

GEQ and Tuner, the only true "must haves" in my humble opinion.

I love the MXR M108S so much I ended up picking up 3 for use all over the place (different amps, front, back, desk, etc.). Awesome pedal, other than the blinding blue LEDs 🤣

Welcome to the land of perpetual noodling. You now have an idea why every Boogie Mark amplifier that has a GEQ built-in is the only kind of Boogie Mark I'd buy.

A GEQ in the loop is great, but not as great as the Boogie GEQ. It is so good the James Hetfield took a GEQ out of a Mark amp and made his own GEQ with it.

https://reverb.com/item/17439145-me...ack-mount-stereo-5-band-eq-hetfield-metallica
I'm going to require you never to post anything like this ever again butthole. You know how rare these are dickhead🤣

Mo ! Don’t forget the Thruster! Quads are for kooks 😂 (not really 😉)
Twins for wins!!!!! (I'm still not down with the new movement honestly...)

I love me some quads on ass-pucker overhead slabby walls, two teeth into the sidewall better than 1.??? that's my proof in the pudding.

SURF ON BRADDAH!!!! 😎🤙🤩
And of course, Merry Fkn Xmas 😜

If I could only have two pedals on my board, I'd have two EQ's.
One in front of the amp and one in the loop.

What eq’s are you guys using?

Before the amp, Boss GE-7 or Peppers Dirty Tree. Those are the two best front-end EQ's I've used.

In the loop, all different kinds. My current favorite loop EQ pedal is probably the Master Effects EQFH. It's a fully parametric 3-band EQ pedal that lets you set the Q in each band super wide, so you can dial in very broad changes, but those EQ changes are wide enough that the effect stays natural sounding and avoids the notchy quality that some EQ's can have.

MXR 10-Band EQ in the loop is also a classic for a reason. Mesa's 5-band EQ pedal is good too, it kind of adds the EQ signature of a Mark series amp to your tone which is also cool, but specific.

Last edited:
Back