I see a lot of new faces here

I guess I fall into that category, the honest answer is I do not know. I somehow lost track of the forum, I might have not been able to get into it at one time and then forgot about it or something. I recently signed in again after getting a new password and plan on being here often.

“We‘re all fine here, how are you“. - Han Solo.

@Aynirar27 ... Your handle looks familiar. Did you sell me a VH4 a long time ago?

I haven’t played much guitar in a few years, at least not with any consistency. But I recently traded some gear for a old Rick 650c (it’s a neck through design, black with humbuckers, a wide neck, and can handle everything, including metal). And I purchased a crap ton of effects recently too. So between the new guitar and the effects I’m feeling a renewed interest. Also I bought a string swing, still need to mount it to a wall. But the thought process was if I can safely have a few guitars out, I’ll be more likely to play them instead of going full couch potato.

“We‘re all fine here, how are you“. - Han Solo.

@Aynirar27 ... Your handle looks familiar. Did you sell me a VH4 a long time ago?

I haven’t played much guitar in a few years, at least not with any consistency. But I recently traded some gear for a old Rick 650c (it’s a neck through design, black with humbuckers, a wide neck, and can handle everything, including metal). And I purchased a crap ton of effects recently too. So between the new guitar and the effects I’m feeling a renewed interest. Also I bought a string swing, still need to mount it to a wall. But the thought process was if I can safely have a few guitars out, I’ll be more likely to play them instead of going full couch potato.
Naw it wasn’t me. Your name looked familiar from I think TGP so that might be where I look familiar as well.
I could very well be mistaken though

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
I’m new here, been on tgp for a minute and still love that forum. Honestly the reason it took me so long to get here is because for some reason whenever I would try to sign up this site (among other forums) would flag my email as a spam bot. I’ve tried emailing the admins to find out why (as well as other forums) and I’ve never gotten a response. If it hadn’t been for that I would have been on here a long time ago.

Anyway I saw an amp in the classifieds that I was interested in so I signed up with an old email only to find out I couldn’t message the guy anyway hahaha. I ended up just buying the amp new but since I already went through the trouble of signing up I figured I’d stick around.

I’m new here, been on tgp for a minute and still love that forum. Honestly the reason it took me so long to get here is because for some reason whenever I would try to sign up this site (among other forums) would flag my email as a spam bot. I’ve tried emailing the admins to find out why (as well as other forums) and I’ve never gotten a response. If it hadn’t been for that I would have been on here a long time ago.

Anyway I saw an amp in the classifieds that I was interested in so I signed up with an old email only to find out I couldn’t message the guy anyway hahaha. I ended up just buying the amp new but since I already went through the trouble of signing up I figured I’d stick around.
Hello there and welcome.
That is a fairly logical reason.
Can't speak to your email problem.
Feel free to PM it to me.
It is fairly easy to create new emails.
The 50 post count rule is pretty apparent in our Classifieds. Considering we don't charge people to use it, we think it is fair :dunno:

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome.
That is a fairly logical reason.
Can't speak to your email problem.
Feel free to PM it to me.
It is fairly easy to create new emails.
The 50 post count rule is pretty apparent in our Classifieds. Considering we don't charge people to use it, we it is fair :dunno:
Oh I wasn’t complaining about it- just thought it was funny. I’m actually glad I ended up getting the amp new to support headfirst amps anyway. And it is weird that my email is blocked as spam on multiple forums….it’s happened on here, the tele forum tdpri, and there was another one too I can’t remember maybe the boogie or Strat forum? Oh well being on multiple forums is like having multiple wives. I have a hard enough time entertaining one

LOL
Oh you're the guy with the new Alta? I will check out your thread later today for sure :yes:
Enjoy your stay.
PS: I was just saying if your email is being blocked by multiple sources, maybe it is time to get a new email :dunno:

New member here as well. Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Brian from Canada.
I've browsed rigtalk in the past, but never signed up until I saw a classified for a guitar I wanted today, but realized I can't msg the member until I have 50 posts..lol

Anyways, I'll slowly contribute and hopefully the guitar's still around when I reach 50 posts.
Also, would like to share a pic of my first gear purchase of 2024:
20231128_204643.jpg

Finally made it through this thread. Good stuff!

I was a regular on the Harmony-Central Amp Forum for many years starting as far back as maybe 1996? Something like that. I used to like the HC chat room more than the forums, because it was all real time stuff. I would spend all night on there. LOL

I've always hated forum moderation, but the mods on HC really got out of hand and pissed me off bigtime one day. They told me to go start my own forum if I didn't like it. I swear, I went right that second and started up a free message board. I had to immediately come up with a name and "Rig-Talk" seemed okay, so I went with it. Not much thought put into it.

Heck, we had hundreds of users that came over from HC in the first week! The free service wouldn't work with that level of traffic, so we had to shut that down and start up this forum you see now. People had to sign back up on the new forum, as there was no way to export/import users to the new format. It was maybe $500-600 a year to keep this place running? We took donations, did the Rig-Talk Plank Cranker pedal, etc... I should've implemented advertising, but didn't know how to do that and was kinda tired of dealing with people anyway. LOL

The whole idea of Rig-Talk was to have loose moderation that allowed people to speak more freely than HC, TGP, etc... I'm glad to see that lives on!!!

I took a long break from here, but I missed it. Lots of "internet friends" (and some in real life too) that go waaaaaaaaaay back many years! Great to see everyone and glad to be here! Thanks to everyone for keeping it running!

Chris

Back