I still don't get these sellers...

Bloodrock

Demanding PP gift or pay their fees.... Really? it's the price of doing business and getting instant cash people! "Hi i'm selling my $3000 amp but you have to pay me with paypal gift only...trust me!" :LOL: :LOL: If you're selling an amp worth $3k and you can't afford a $30 hit, you sir are a loser. Plain and simple. Stop buying gear you can't afford if that's the case.. :doh:

Bloodrock":2e6c051p said:
Demanding PP gift or pay their fees.... Really? it's the price of doing business and getting instant cash people! "Hi i'm selling my $3000 amp but you have to pay me with paypal gift only...trust me!" :LOL: :LOL: If you're selling an amp worth $3k and you can't afford a $30 hit, you sir are a loser. Plain and simple. Stop buying gear you can't afford if that's the case.. :doh:

If YOU can't add $30 to $3000 amp purchase, YOU SIR, are a looser.......

Stop buying gear you can't afford if that's the case.:doh:

Plain and simple.

It's a buyers market if you haven't noticed genius.. I've got cash and you don't, and can buy from someone else. Your loss, not mine.. :thumbsup: You're probably the same guy who prices his gear as "new" after you used it for two weeks and put it back in the original packaging. :LOL: :LOL:

I like this post and hope to weigh in without calling anyone names or being called any myself. Of course I may deserve it. In all honesty I hope to offend no one. People have different opinions so it's cool with me if someone disagrees. I don't mind paying the fees personally and I understand someone wants the asking price without a deduction of any amount. If you buy gift it's like you didn't buy anything so is there any protection from PayPal considering. I will gladly pay 3% on something being shipped to me just for peace of mind. Gift is a great option regardless. If someone wants to save 3% and buy gift it's there option. It's nice to have choices.

There are multiple people I have done business with on the board that will tell you I tell them to add 3% and pay it. I don't use paypal, so I need them to send me an invoice that I can pay with my debit card. In exchange for them doing that simple thing for me, I pay the 3%.

If I used PayPal, I would NEVER send the money as a gift because I am giving up all of my protection as a buyer when I do that. I have been screwed way too many times for that to ever happen.

I invariably want pp gift, and I don't care about the fee - when I sell something I want to know I'm not going to be screwed. I'll swallow the charges if it means that I know the money is safely mine when I ship something, because I know that in the transaction, at least I'm honest.

Only problem with Paypal is that the buyer can ask to return the item for any old reason (to include buyers remorse masked as a "problem") and Paypal will back the buyer 99.9% of the time.

I see all the sides and the readings behind each side. It would be great if PayPal was equally fair with both buyer and seller but unfortunately they are not.

Bloodrock":2gj6lzfd said:
It's a buyers market if you haven't noticed genius.. I've got cash and you don't, and can buy from someone else. Your loss, not mine.. :thumbsup: You're probably the same guy who prices his gear as "new" after you used it for two weeks and put it back in the original packaging. :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for admitting i am a genious, i appreciate it very much.

By your " I've got cash and you don't", you seem like the low baller that i don't respond too when i have stuff for sale.

Wait, are you the guy that offered me $1100 for my EBMM EVH guitar last week ?

I don't mind paying the sellers 3% fee, or i offer to pay half, or, always try to figure something out with him so everybody is happy.

I so don't like somebody with an attitude like yours when it comes to gear dealings.

You might be a super cool guy, it just does not show in this thread :thumbsup:

A buyer is crazy not to want the protection because it almost always is slanted in their favor. I can see a seller not wanting to because they usually get screwed. Also, expecting Paypal et al to get nothing for their service is unreasonable. There are risks and costs when buying or selling online.

Signed,
Captain Obvious

As a seller, I don't mind eating PayPal fees if I know the buyer and/or buyer has a solid long-standing reputation on the forums.

As a seller, if I don't know the buyer, and they have little to no references or e-cred as it were, then I will only accept PayPal gift. Don't want to do gift? Come back when you have some references and have proved to the community you're not a scumbag.

As a buyer, I don't mind doing gift if I absolutely know and can trust the seller. SteveK, Gsxrbusa, MailmanDan, etc. etc. Guys like that, I'll PayPal gift any day of the week.

As a buyer, if I don't know the seller, I will gladly add the 3% to gain the protection I need/want. I've learned that lesson the hard way. There are too many assholes looking to take advantage of people these days not to protect myself when it comes to an unknown seller.

If anyone objects to the above approach, I'd rather not do business with them.
wavey.gif

All that said, I mainly use Reverb these days. It's the only place I move gear on a consistent basis. I've had nothing but great experiences via Reverb to date.

I'm not sure if this is a question in general or it was an argument that should have been in PM's that spilled out into the open forum when an agreement couldn't get worked out?
But as a buyer, I usually offer to split the 3% fee, it's not very much to add for a little peace of mind. If the seller doesn't except that, then I wouldn't do the deal.

As a seller I request buyers to pay via PayPal gift.

As a buyer I request to pay as a service and have the seller eat the 3% fees.

Yes, I am a complete scumbag in this regard while ONLY looking for my best interests. :D

And often, or should i say always, when your the seller, you will get offered a lower price, you then decide OK, but then have to absorb another hit via Paypal fees. So for the buyer absorbing the fees AND getting peace of mind seems worth it to me.

When i really want something, i will add the fees if the seller asks for it.

keennay":hwi20gta said:
As a seller I request buyers to pay via PayPal gift.

As a buyer I request to pay as a service and have the seller eat the 3% fees.

Yes, I am a complete scumbag looking for my interests ONLY. :D

Come on, your better than that, stop pulling the blanket on your side, somebody is gonna get cold......

You are kidding right :aww:

Lol

Tone Monster":qypp3qm4 said:
It's because PayPal greatly favors the buyers. There are as many fucked up buyers as there are sellers.

We live in a fucked up world man...

Sadly

Life could be so much easier for everybody.

I'm just still shocked I recently sold a guitar on Craigslist. More shocked that it was relatively smooth transaction.

I feel weird asking for paypal fees, but I still ask sometimes. I've been doing it less and less because I feel as if it chases off folks..

Then again, I've been listing a lot of stuff on Reverb and just listing it for 6-10% above what I think the price should be and thing inevitably sell within a week or two.. And I get roughly how much I wanted. When I put stuff up on the forums I just hope someone would be nice enough to cover fees, and the last couple deals I did folks hit me with gift and I didn't even ask :O Luck of the draw, idk

Back