I will never buy Fortin again.....

Too much to quote on my phone rn so I'll just try my best.

Posted in Fortin Army. No link because it was deleted and plus I left the group. Although a friend told me good ol boy made a new thread about it, I'm sure in his favor covering all the bullshit he was spewing.

Why go on my soapbox? Why the hell not? Because I can. Because I like when others shoot shit straight for me before I waste my money.

You're right it was bought used and I definitely see your point. They didn't get my money I guess, sorry I wasn't clear. But I'm sure after all this I'll steer clear if I ever were to consider.

Also yes, very telling. This is the 5th person to buy the pedal now and you'll notice the buyers seem to unload them the second they plug it in. Tired of bullshit hype and fanboys. I get it, if you love a product praise it. Hell I love my koko. I will fight till the death defending Mills despite all the bad things said however people still have a right to post their feedback weather good or bad without being harassed. Guy brought it upon himself as far as I'm concerned. Could've been a much better way for them to handle someone who wasn't riding the nuts.

Everyone should be entitled to their own opinion. Maybe that post could help someone else with their decision? If someone doesn't agree with you, and takes down what you posted, that's ridiculous. Then to spread lies, childish. I remember a guy posting a lot about Fortin, that's the same guy? If this guy is a controversial figure and has been banned for pumping and dumping gear, very unscrupulous, not the kind of guy I would personally want to deal with. I have only heard good things about Fortin, it would be too bad to see Fortin's name get dragged through the mud because of someone else's poor form.

Not jumping on the pile, but just the description of this pedal in this thread has cured my gas for it. I literally tried the grind at practice one time and went back to maxon by the end of rehearsal. Didn't hate the metal tone, but completely made my expensive ass amp a one trick pony, and completely chopped any low end my marshall had. If the 33 is more of the same, no thanks.

mchn13":2cge25vh said:
Not jumping on the pile, but just the description of this pedal in this thread has cured my gas for it. I literally tried the grind at practice one time and went back to maxon by the end of rehearsal. Didn't hate the metal tone, but completely made my expensive ass amp a one trick pony, and completely chopped any low end my marshall had. If the 33 is more of the same, no thanks.
I have both and the 33 is very different from the grind and maintains WAY more low end than the grind and also more than the maxon as well. It has more low end than most od pedals out there while still being the second tightest I've tried, but you still may end up not liking it or even hating it because it's very specific upper mid voicing. Definitely not for everyone

I tried selling a 33 pedal on the Fortin Army FB page. My sale thread was deleted. I didn't post anything negative about it either. I sold it here and left the FB pages. I felt deleting my sale post was a shitty thing to do.

FWIW, I like Mike and he makes cool amps and he's personally helped me out with a few things over the years.

To be fair I wasn't a huge fan of the pedal after playing with it for a while. While it did make my amp sound bigger, it seemed like it was taking away from the tone rather than getting something out of it. It's a cool pedal but not worth the cost. It's also really fucking noisy.

Engage757 is Zacks's name here. Shady to say the least. I don't blame Mike for this, every pedal is not for person. Sounds like the problem is the FB page, that guy has a history of bizarre authoritarian behavior. Pretty sure Mike is only moderately involved.

MYLILSS":e6biae05 said:
Hmmmmm .... shot in the dark here, but am I the 5th buyer of this particular pedal ???

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Depends on how you look at it....you my be the 5th buyer...or the 5th seller

maddnotez":syn5iy7d said:
Spot on. All of this.....

Kazoo is actually a very good comparison :LOL: :LOL: not even joking. Too funny.

But also, for the right application like you said. As far as the fan boys ruining things, absolutely but I think this guy is an actual employee. There is a big difference there imo and as I said in my first post. Maybe it's not Mike himself and I can understand why some will think this thread is unfair to Mike however zack is the face of Fortin now online and Zach is a POS.

Willful ignorance from an employer is not enough for me to look past the way things are handled. Absolutely never again.

Personally, I thought it sounded absolutely awful in clips from the start.

Anyway, I don't know the guy, just his reputation, but I've had to defend myself more than once from someone who thought I was him and didn't want to do business with me, because we had the same name. I had to convince them that I wasn't him posting under a new name.

kylendm":1r0xualm said:
To be fair I wasn't a huge fan of the pedal after playing with it for a while. While it did make my amp sound bigger, it seemed like it was taking away from the tone rather than getting something out of it. It's a cool pedal but not worth the cost. It's also really fucking noisy.

It is pretty noisy... And I like what it can do for flubby non-tight sounding amps but it doesn't do much for amps that are already tight sounding. Sounds pretty good when used for recordings I noticed, more so when being mic'd up vs using IRs.

Made a quick vid this morning of my 33 pedal & Butterslax + Suhr RL & IR's. Nothing fancy just a basic sound side by side for those interested.

crankyrayhanky":5rel0kz9 said:
I'm not sure how it is side by side but I dig those tones!

Thanks and good point.. not side by side... just alternating with and without ;)

I could barely tell the difference. Barely.
Very slight increase in what I perceive to be "brightness" or "presence" with the 33 engaged.

Honestly, that AMP doesn't seem to need anything in front of it.
Only the "pickiest of ears" can hear the difference.

oldmtlhed":gln4trz8 said:
Honestly, that AMP doesn't seem to need anything in front of it.

Thats kind of how I feel and why I got it. I had to really crank my gate cause of the noise from the 33.. its probably more exaggerated cause its a direct recording.

godgrinder":gln4trz8 said:
Sounded better without the boost.
For my everyday thing I agree at least with the Butterslax. The 33 really makes my Rivera sound like a whole new amp.. I should make a clip of that one day.

So any updates on this? I was underwhelmed by the pedal. Fortin's facebook group says it's awesome. Maybe we got a lemon?

Back