IF Egnater Made a Power Amp...

Jeff Hilligan":x0oehk5u said:
Ok so here is the blueprint for right now!

Single rack spaced stereo and bridged mono. 30 watts a side 60 mono. Loaded with 2 pair of 5881's, presence, density, High low power switch and standy on each channel, so if one side goes down you can still use the other. Will accommodate 5881, 34's and 6v6. No 6550, or KT's. When in mono you can use dissimilar tubes so you can load the amp with a pair of 5881's and a pair of 34's like a tube mix knob, without the knob. Thats it. No room for anything else.

Proto typing beginning this month! As you all know delivery will depend on Bruce blessing it and that is a difficult task to do! I am really behind this for M4 and of course the long overdue E2. Sit tight and I will keep everyone informed when they will be in production and when we will be taking orders.

Hi Jeff! It will be midi capable, right? So we could run the E2, rack effects and this power amp together? I really want one.

richedie":c8yjgnaq said:
Jeff Hilligan":c8yjgnaq said:
Ok so here is the blueprint for right now!

Single rack spaced stereo and bridged mono. 30 watts a side 60 mono. Loaded with 2 pair of 5881's, presence, density, High low power switch and standy on each channel, so if one side goes down you can still use the other. Will accommodate 5881, 34's and 6v6. No 6550, or KT's. When in mono you can use dissimilar tubes so you can load the amp with a pair of 5881's and a pair of 34's like a tube mix knob, without the knob. Thats it. No room for anything else.

Proto typing beginning this month! As you all know delivery will depend on Bruce blessing it and that is a difficult task to do! I am really behind this for M4 and of course the long overdue E2. Sit tight and I will keep everyone informed when they will be in production and when we will be taking orders.

Hi Jeff! It will be midi capable, right? So we could run the E2, rack effects and this power amp together? I really want one.

No it will not be midi as of right now we will see how it all works out finishing the proto type this week.

[/quote]

No it will not be midi as of right now we will see how it all works out finishing the proto type this week.[/quote]

Thanks Jeff! Looks like that makes my decision easier - I'll have to stay with the Mod50. I was just thinking since I am going with rack effects, I could throw this in the rack and have a nice all in one. I could always try the RM100 and convert to take two channel modules. Thanks.

That is awesome Jeff, that it is coming along ..

I was going to get a boogie 20/20 for a smaller setup BUT I would love to get an egnater design and the lower wattage ....

richedie":36i9p0p4 said:
Thanks Jeff! Looks like that makes my decision easier - I'll have to stay with the Mod50. I was just thinking since I am going with rack effects, I could throw this in the rack and have a nice all in one. I could always try the RM100 and convert to take two channel modules. Thanks.
why do you need midi in a simple power amp? what is there to control?

My bad, good point! Not sure what I was thinking. My best and only option to run 4 modules will be the mod 50 and E2. My bad.

richedie":2p3a7h38 said:
My bad, good point! Not sure what I was thinking. My best and only option to run 4 modules will be the mod 50 and E2. My bad.
meh, i could see myself going m4 at some point and pairing it with like a g system

You realize the only thing the midi is switching in the Mod50 are the preamp modules right? You can still run a E2 or M4 with the new power amp and not need midi in the power amp as there is no switching going on, the same as your Mod50.

ned911":1sawvijl said:
You realize the only thing the midi is switching in the Mod50 are the preamp modules right? You can still run a E2 or M4 with the new power amp and not need midi in the power amp as there is no switching going on, the same as your Mod50.

I know......for some reason I had it in my head that the new power amp also took two modules. LOL. I don't know what my mind was thinking! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Guess I'll skip the power amp and get the RM100.

Hopefully the E2 will have midi and I'll be set. I don't have enough $ to afford all of this. :no:

richedie":1pydcrw0 said:

Hopefully the E2 will have midi and I'll be set. I don't have enough $ to afford all of this. :no:
I hear ya! Im selling stuff I never wanted to get rid of. :cry:

FWIW I just bought a RM100 so I can get the mod done to it and it is way better than I thought it would be. Seems tighter, more focused and dynamic. I was amazed at the Eggy modules when I put them in it.

My Man Cave is looking like an TC/Egnater warehouse. :D

jlbaxe":156gclj5 said:
richedie":156gclj5 said:

I hear ya! Im selling stuff I never wanted to get rid of. :cry:

FWIW I just bought a RM100 so I can get the mod done to it and it is way better than I thought it would be. Seems tighter, more focused and dynamic. I was amazed at the Eggy modules when I put them in it.

My Man Cave is looking like an TC/Egnater warehouse. :D

SHUT UP NOW!!!! :doh: :gethim: That means I'll have to eventually get an RM100. :D

I know I'm reviving an old thread here, but we're getting toward the end of the year, so it's a good time to ask: Did anything ever come of this 1U power amp? Is it still in the works or did it die out with Jeff leaving? If it's not dead, any update from Egnater?

I think this went the way of the dodo. Was a nice idea, but I think the market for it would have been too small to make it viable.

Back