Introducing OPUS

AmyTwonotes

OPUS is an end-to-end tone shaping Amp Simulator and DynIR™ Engine ushering-in the next milestone-evolution of the Two notes ecosystem. Building upon the C.A.B. lineage - and our critically- acclaimed digital cabinet simulation legacy - OPUS adds Pre- & Power-amp Tube-Stage Modeling™ (TSM™), MIDI integration and a future-proofed USB-C specification, empowering players of all-walks with apex-level tone in a go-anywhere footprint.

More Information can be found here - http://opus.two-notes.com/

If you have any questions concerning OPUS, please let us know!

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Two Notes folks. Looks like the typical Two Notes product.

A well thought out, quality build, with outstanding customer service. Not associated with the company, just a very satisfied consumer.
:cheers:

Bonsoir Amy2N!

I received my Opus this week and have been getting to know it. Registered, installed the iPhone Torpedo remote and the Mac desktop app, updated the firmware, read through the manual and have a few playing hours on it.

The packaging and presentation was very nice.
The Opus feels sturdy even while being light in mass. Nice finish and feel. All the labeling, In/outs, and encoders are sensible and speak of quality.
I can see that I will need to put in some hours to get the most out of the Opus and (like my Fractal Axe FX) I will almost certainly find a few presets that I will use >90% of the time.

I purchased this for my acoustic-electric board for playing in a duo, a trio, and a bigger jazz thing.

My initial experience with the provided acoustic IRs are promising. If there are Opus resources tailored for acoustic guitarists direct to monitors/FOH, I'd love to check them out.

Rik
DD869AF5-7D6E-43D4-8099-3E49AE9F0EE7_1_102_o.jpeg

Good morning @Dexter.Sinister

Thanks for getting in touch - Ross from Two notes here. We are so pleased to hear your ihnitial impressions are positive and you are most certainly correct - the key to generating a killer direct tone is careful tweaking of your preset's parameters in line with the results you are seeking to achieve. There are no immediate resources available for setting up your acoustic guitar tone, however we would suggest using the Dual IR loader and stock IRs, leaving one of the IR slots blank / bypassed and subsequently harnessing this channel as a dry source - you can then blend your IR processed tone and dry signal together which we see a lot of users actioning.

Let us know how you get on and if you have any specific enquiries, we are here to assist.

Kind regards,

Ross

Bonjour,
J'ai reçu mon OPUS. Je n'arrive pas à avoir du son sur mes moniteurs via mon interface audio Apogee DUET 2.
J'ai bien connecté la sortie DI OUT à mon interface. Même problématique en line out.
J'ai du son uniquement en passant par mon DAW logic pro X. Impossible de savoir comment résoudre ce problème.
Les codecs de mon duo sont-ils trop anciens ? Pourtant les vu-mètres de ma carte son fonctionnent, je signal est là.
J'ai ouvert un ticket auprès du SAV. Dans l'instant, si quelqu'un a une hypothèse ? Je suis preneur.
Merci,
Arnaud

Good afternoon Arnaud,

Thanks for getting in touch. We are pleased to confirm our team are looking into your ticket now and will respond ASAP!

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Hello all,
Could you please take a look to that post please ? https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/opus-which-solution-after-the-pedal.301422/

"
Hello everyone !
Newbee here !
Sorry if my question is ridiculous.
I was, until there, a big fan of my fender twin reverb combo amp ... Pb, it's in maintenance because of a power problem and I don't know if I will be able to recover it.
I've decided to try the numeric adventure with an OPUS pedal.
It seems to be great.
My question is : now, I've to buy something to get the same experience (better experience) than with my fender : i.e. one guitar cabinet ? one FRFR sound speaker ? else ?
What's your advice please ?
I'm playing both at home (don't have wicked neighbors so it's cool), for reshearsals, and small concerts (300 people...)
Thanks
PS solution should be pretty and not to heavy"

Good evening @jojo66

Thanks for getting in touch. Ross from Two notes here. Great question and I am pleased to hear you are enjoying your experience with OPUS. In terms of a monitoring solution, our suggestion would be an FRFR speaker as you will still be able to use your DynIRs with minimal colouration of the signal via a traditional guitar speaker. This would be fed via the TRS LINE output leaving you with the XLR output for a direct feed to FOH.

If you are set on using a traditional guitar cabinet, you will need a power amp separate. This can be fed via the TRS LINE output which can be configured to send a Pre and Power amp emulated signal from OPUS only - actioned via the Line Out Routing option in the Global Settings Menu. When we have configured this at Two notes HQ, we have used either the Orange Pedal Baby or the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 as our Power Amp separate. This would be fed via the TRS LINE output leaving you with the XLR output for a direct feed to FOH.

Let me know if this helps!

Kind regards,

Ross

Good evening @jojo66

Thanks for getting in touch. Ross from Two notes here. Great question and I am pleased to hear you are enjoying your experience with OPUS. In terms of a monitoring solution, our suggestion would be an FRFR speaker as you will still be able to use your DynIRs with minimal colouration of the signal via a traditional guitar speaker. This would be fed via the TRS LINE output leaving you with the XLR output for a direct feed to FOH.

If you are set on using a traditional guitar cabinet, you will need a power amp separate. This can be fed via the TRS LINE output which can be configured to send a Pre and Power amp emulated signal from OPUS only - actioned via the Line Out Routing option in the Global Settings Menu. When we have configured this at Two notes HQ, we have used either the Orange Pedal Baby or the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 as our Power Amp separate. This would be fed via the TRS LINE output leaving you with the XLR output for a direct feed to FOH.

Let me know if this helps!

Kind regards,

Ross
Many thanks Ross
Yes it helps !
Any advice with a brand or a model of FRFR speaker which could be the best choice for both home playing, rehearsals and little concerts ?
Regards

Good evening @jojo66

Thanks for getting back to me. I have previously used the HeadRush FRFR112 to great effect!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind regards,

Ross

Hey @RossJohnDavies
I've a pedalboard w some loved pedals
In the doc, I understand that Opus must be between Drive/Boost/Wah and Reverb Delay effects.
Why please ?
What about no following this ?
What about Chorus / Phaser effects please ?
Thanks

And sorry another question.
I've now an headrush 112
Cool
What about input reduction ?
I mean, shall I setup a systematic input reduction ? juste on those that bring input saturations ? what is the impact on the sound ?
will I have less ambiant noise ? I don't like noise reduction very much but with certain presets it seems to be mandatory.

Hi @jojo66

Thanks for getting back to me. In a traditonal setup / studio rig, you would tend to place spacial FX (Reverb/Delay) after your microphone chain, and tone shaping tools (drive / fuzz / distortion) before your preamp. That is why we suggest placing our FX in the manner in which we have specified. Howerver, there are no hard-and-fast rules so please feel free to experiment in the context of your own rig! In terms of modulation FX, we would suggest placing these after OPUS, however they can be placed in front of the device to create some interesting effects as well!

In terms of the Noise Gate, yes, this should be used on the higher gain preamps in OPUS - or any configurations where you have overdrive/distortion/fuzz in front of OPUS. This noise gate will simply suppress your sound while you are not playing and will not affect any of the tone shaping tools in the OPUS device.

Let me know if this helps and if there is anything else I can assist with, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Ross

Back