Jackson pro series Jeff Loomis Kelly

Probably ok build quality. I’ll say, I tried some of the $1k range guitars a few months ago when looking at some 7 strings and they felt “meh”

I have a friend that had one of these on order, I'll ask him if he received it and what he thought about it.

No dice, his is in back order still. Also a couple of the online retailers list the Loomis Pro’s being made in Indonesia, so maybe fully verify the build country before buying? $1400 is a lot for a Made in Indonesia guitar.

Actually, I already bought one early this week, should receive it next monday. :)
The seller had photos of the actual guitar I am getting and it says "Crafted in Korea" on back of the HS.
Maybe there will be both MIK and MII, I see ESP/LTD doing the same lately on the $1k+ models.

It is quite high even for a MIK guitar and no case come with it, not even a gig bag.
I just wanted this guitar badly ever since I saw Jeff playing one at the resurrection fest but didn't want to shell out $5k for the USA CS model. I hope I am getting a well made one without any issue.

I had one. The top on it was fairly “MEH“…it was mildly figured at best. Probably the most dull top I’ve seen of all ash “sandblasted” tops. I did not like the pick ups at all. Outside of that, it seemEd to be very well constructed and played quite well, but I didn’t bond with it at all. I ended up moving it after about a month, despite waiting for it for over six months.

Ouch sorry to hear that and thank you.
I am more of an ESP guy, not a Jackson guy at all. I just really loved its asthetics and JL is one of my fav guitarists as well(for his work with nevermore). Kind of an impulse blind buy I will say, but I had no way to try one, hope I dig it!

Back