Jake E. Lee's 1983 US Festival Rig

Good stuff! Though it serves as a reminder that Ozzy was always the weakest link on stage. Ride on the shoulders of giants like Randy, Jake, Zakk, Brad, Gus, etc and you'll go far.

cool video! when i was a tape trader, i'd get ozzy shows from 81-86 and they we're drastically hit or miss in terms of ozzy's delivery.
idk if it had to do with what drug cocktail was floating through his system at the time, but there were some major CLUNKERS in that era. detroit 82 at cobo was pretty awful, i bet i can find it online somewhere. His voice was cracking almost every line!

Red_Label":a8230oo1 said:
Good stuff! Though it serves as a reminder that Ozzy was always the weakest link on stage. Ride on the shoulders of giants like Randy, Jake, Zakk, Brad, Gus, etc and you'll go far.

I hear what you’re saying but it depends on how you look at it because without Ozzy it’s unlikely we would know about any of them.

Marshall Law":12108vgd said:
The US Festival was Jake's first gig with Ozzy.

Jakes first gig with Ozzy was January `83 in Finland . They did some gigs in the states leading up to the US Festival also

Bob Savage":18pefrlh said:
Red_Label":18pefrlh said:

I hear what you’re saying but it depends on how you look at it because without Ozzy it’s unlikely we would know about any of them.

Totally agreed. But having said that, if not for them... he would have died penniless and drunk in a skid row gutter a long time ago in my opinion. Randy ressurected Ozzy's career and he and Shrewan have always pretty much admitted that.

P.S. Diary was the album that lit it off for me as a lead player. I worked my tail off to figure out those songs on my cassette deck. Took me three tries to figure out Over The Mountain. Kept coming back to it and it finally clicked. After that, it was Akira Takasaki, and then Yngwie (who REALLY changed my life as a guitar player). But it was Randy who was my first real guitar hero. I never got into EVH until later for whatever reason. I guess that my search for chops came long before I started caring about tone. Probably because you can your get chops on cheap gear, but in the 80s... you were screwed without a Marshall stack. God knows that my Gorilla wasn't getting me there! My Marshall Lead 12 was the best amp I owned for several years.

Jake was up there as a guitar hero for meas well. The video for "Bark At The Moon" blew me away. Have wanted a white and black Charvel ever since, but just has never really worked out. Have also always wanted a 1959RR half stack and white Jackson Rhoads V and white LP Custom. Have cycled through a lot of amazing amps and guitars, but I guess that playing signature stuff isn't my thing. Would just like clones of all these iconic 80s guitars and amps in my house as "useable sculptures". LOL!

As a kid I loved Ozzy...as an adult I still love the classic albums but Ozzy is a twat of the highest order along with his wife.

lets remember that Ozzy was FINISHED after Sabbath. FINISHED. He owes his solo career to Randy, Bob, and Lee for making him a legend. But in return Sharon ends up fooking over 2/3 of that crew. Did Ozzy ever write any lyrics? No. Did he ever write any music? No. he came up with "melody lines"...whatever the fuck that means. Sharon then went on to fuk over Jake...and Ozzy just played the "dumb helpless" twat. "I don't know what Sharon does..."

He's the luckiest twat in music...riding the coattails of legends.

That Us Festival footage is iconic due to Jake

Agree with a lot of the comments. Ozzy is such a spineless wimpy man that he has never been ever to look his bandmates in the eye and give them any sort of guarantee. Sharon runs him and his act and she has fucked over too many people. the fact that he sits there like a child in diapers and lets her run him shows what type of man he is. He would have been nothing without Randy and Jake. Hell Zakk too and he found a way to fuck him over as well at one point. I don't really have much respect for Ozzy and wish he had retired 10 years ago. Luckily we got 6 awesome albums out of him thanks to the guitarists he employed though..

Back