Jan Phillips 5751 tubes in a Modern Classic

BAN-ONE

I'm using a Strat into an MC50 and was thinking of trying the 5751 in either V1 or V2 to darken the tone a little and give me a bit more power tube crank due to its lower gain structure. Has anyone here tried this combo??

A good place to put a 5751 is in the phase inverter position. I did that on a couple of my higher gain amps and really like it. It gives you a little less compression, a little extra headroom but doesn't change the overall vibe and tone of the amp. You can try V1 for sure, but it may change the character a little too much....but definitely try it and see what you think. It's easy as plug it in, listen and remove it if you don't like it!

luxxtone":2zrh6ec7 said:
A good place to put a 5751 is in the phase inverter position. I did that on a couple of my higher gain amps and really like it. It gives you a little less compression, a little extra headroom but doesn't change the overall vibe and tone of the amp. You can try V1 for sure, but it may change the character a little too much....but definitely try it and see what you think. It's easy as plug it in, listen and remove it if you don't like it!

Thanks!! I'm gonna give it a go like you said but I've heard some good things about them in front end, the amp gets a little more squshy and rounded. It's more to do with the clean channel than anything. The zing in the top end with a single coil strat is pretty wild.

marvcus":2zrh6ec7 said:
Sorry for the OT comment, but I love the screen name, dude!

East Bound & Down....
That's an attention getter!!!!- Buford T. Justice

Back