Johan Segeborn tests 15 Greenback Clones and Reissues Compared to an Original 1968!

I said consoles have their own sound... and you ,I quote "wtf consoles having their own unique sound has to do with anything?". Your whole fucking argument is tape rolls off highs so you cant touch the EQ, but completely left out the fact that just about anything else AFTER THE SPEAKER cab can change the sound, be it highs ..etc. Stop pretending you've worked with this stuff and stop harassing the grown ups.
Still, I never claimed that they don't? You're bringing in a completely different point about consoles and assuming that I think they don't affect the sound because?

"Can't touch the EQ" Never did I say that you can't touch the EQ, do what you wanna do for all I care. What I said was that I rather get the sound as right as possible before I hit the record button so I don't have to waste so much time fiddling around with an EQ ffs.

Your IQ must be somewhere around between 1 and 3. I don't think I've never seen anyone as niggerliciously retarded as you ever in my life. You fucking boomers are sometimes complete fucking gorillas. "Grown ups", can you even do your laundry or for that matter brush your teeth?

Still, I never claimed that they don't? You're bringing in a completely different point about consoles and assuming that I think they don't affect the sound because?

"Can't touch the EQ" Never did I say that you can't touch the EQ, do what you wanna do for all I care. What I said was that I rather get the sound as right as possible before I hit the record button so I don't have to waste so much time fiddling around with an EQ ffs.

Your IQ must be somewhere around between 1 and 3. I don't think I've never seen anyone as niggerliciously retarded as you ever in my life. You fucking boomers are sometimes complete fucking gorillas. "Grown ups", can you even do your laundry or for that matter brush your teeth?

Can you even get a decent sound with the a 90 dollar mic that’s been used for 6 decades?

I just can't handle this stupidity. Can someone show me where I said that some consoles don't have the same effect than tape on higher frequencies? Where did I even mention anything about consoles? Also where did I claim that I specifically like tape, analog etc? These fucking assumptions. You idiots live in the US? Is it the opioids?
Perhaps the gear page would better suit your needs.

:____________DDDDDDDD

Note to the mods, you can ban my user if it helps to keep the sewer gas aroma of this forum intact. I'm done talking to these fucking apes.
Now cmon... backpedaling, confused, defensive and dumb. We need you around for comic relief. Although, this is a forum for adults so that presents problem for ya, little boy.

Hit the bricks, kid.

"Easy insertion". Wtf are you blabbering about? Tf is an "ergonomic tip" on a microphone?

And he calls US idiots :ROFLMAO:

(for reference, this is his WORLD BEATING 57 eating 60 dollar mic:)

gruggmic.jpg

After looking harder at this chart a 1968 Pulsonic probably should have a 102 003 designation and not a 1777....says mid 1962 to April 1971 for the 102-003 stamp. Looks like the 1777 stamps stopped in 1966....so why Johan's 1968 has a 1777 on it supports Psychodave's statement that it probably is a recone maybe from 1973-1975.

Maybe Jim from Scumback can shed some light on whether or not Johan's 68 is original with a 1777 number on the surround back. If Celestion was anything like Marshall in these years it could have any kind of stamp.........:bash::LOL:
Ok, 1st pic is the front of a G12M 1967 003 cone, note the doping is 1/2 way down to the 1st cone rib. 2nd, 102 003 cone stamp from the G12M 20w T1221 from 1969. 3rd pic: My guess is Marshall didn't use too many 8 ohm speakers and that's why it has the 20w designation. These are all mine in the stash. Before you ask, no, they're not for sale. 1777 stamp in 68? Highly unlikely. IMO, Johan gets speakers from various sources, they're not tested to make sure they're good, nor are they inspected to see if they've been reconed...like the one he has. Details matter.

Attachments

• 003conefront67.jpg
    003conefront67.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 8
  • G12M 20w 003 cone stamp.JPG
    G12M 20w 003 cone stamp.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • G12M 20w T1220 8 ohm label & date code NLB 5 (69).JPG
    G12M 20w T1220 8 ohm label & date code NLB 5 (69).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Cone is repaired as well. I guarantee this repair affects the sound of the speaker.

View attachment 310626
That's the wrong doping scheme for 68. It's 1/2 way down to the first rib, not all the way down do the first rib. With the 1777 cone (and Band Aid, LOL) it's not the original cone. Therefore not the original pre rola G12M tone. Some people just want to be published for popularity, or self martyrdom. Odd.

Ok, 1st pic is the front of a G12M 1967 003 cone, note the doping is 1/2 way down to the 1st cone rib. 2nd, 102 003 cone stamp from the G12M 20w T1221 from 1969. 3rd pic: My guess is Marshall didn't use too many 8 ohm speakers and that's why it has the 20w designation. These are all mine in the stash. Before you ask, no, they're not for sale. 1777 stamp in 68? Highly unlikely. IMO, Johan gets speakers from various sources, they're not tested to make sure they're good, nor are they inspected to see if they've been reconed...like the one he has. Details matter.
I recently sold a pair of 1963 Alnico Vox Blues. Those had the H1777 cone stamp, which were original to those and the Silvers that came after. I didn't see the stamp of Johan's but 'maybe' it's an older recone kit, with those H1777s? But, that would mean it was a fairly early blown speaker as those recone kits were probably all used up by the late 60s.
As each year goes by, those magical M20s are getting even fewer and farther between. I still have to try one sometime.

Back