Just received my CCV.........for real.

Tbone

New to the forum. I've been checking it out for the last month ever since I got laid off from work.
Anyway, I'm finally taking the plunge and posting because, after all the controversy, I thought people might want to know that amps are really shipping. I received mine yesterday and it is a fantastic amp! It sounds very similar to the gain monster you see/hear in the NAMM video. If there is a difference, it is because Mark has better chops than me and can coax more out of it.

There are a ton of features on this baby that I'm just beginning to discover. The clean channel can go from pristine clean to high gain rock. I've never had a clean channel on any of my past or current amps (Bogner 101b, Shiva, OD-100 Classic +, Elmwood M60, 65amps London, /13 FTR37, Kasha RM50, Splawn Quick Rod) that was this good on both ends of the spectrum. There is a 3-way toggle switch that controls the gain voice on the channel which enables you to go from clean to plexi to massive crunch.

The distortion channel is tremendous as well yeilding 80's Marshall gain and then some. The harmonic content it produces is excellent, has tons of gain on tap, and depending on your pick attack you can make it growl or scream. It too has gain voice toggle switches (one for the channel, one for solo mode) and bright switches that give you total control over a myriad of high gain sounds. The solo mode has its own volume knob and it is footswitchable which we all want for live playing.

There are a few more knobs and switches like global punch and presence knobs that let you further customize your sound and tailor it to the venue. Suffice to say that I am just scratching the surface on all the tonal possibilities. I've got a show this weekend and can't wait to crank it with the band.

This post is already too long but I wanted to encourage all those who have been patiently waiting to hang in there. I put my deposit in last June 4th. I know how frustrating the wait can be but this amp is worth it (easier for me to say now). Mark has created a truly AWESOME amp!

Happy to provide some pics.......just haven't done it before so bear with me.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, this amp takes all my guitars well but my fave so far is my R9 with WCR pickups! :rock:

Here's some pics...did them as attachments. Please let me know if there is a better way. Thanks.

Attachments

• P4040017.JPG
    P4040017.JPG
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 2,175
  • P4040018.JPG
    P4040018.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,228
  • P4040023.JPG
    P4040023.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,178
  • P4040027.JPG
    P4040027.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,249
  • P4040025.JPG
    P4040025.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,145
Fantastic pics man!! Thanks for sharing :rock:

I would love to get one of these at some point... im still considering ordering a CCM once there is no longer a big waitlist and a faster turnaround time :)

Thanks! This has cured my GAS.......at least for awhile :thumbsup:

As far as the fan question, I haven't touched a thing on this amp.....it is stock.

dawnofdreamx97":k6k4zu0i said:
Cool. . . Is it noisy?

When I'm running the gain fairly high, there is a bit of noise but it is not excessive all things considered. The fan is very quiet. The only thing I don't like so far is a loud pop when using the footswitch.

I'll see how it goes tonight at the gig. I usually plug into a UPS to filter the house power which tends to take a lot of noise out.

Tbone":gtrm1ibc said:
dawnofdreamx97":gtrm1ibc said:
Cool. . . Is it noisy?

When I'm running the gain fairly high, there is a bit of noise but it is not excessive all things considered. The fan is very quiet. The only thing I don't like so far is a loud pop when using the footswitch.

I'll see how it goes tonight at the gig. I usually plug into a UPS to filter the house power which tends to take a lot of noise out.

A loud "pop" when switching channels you mean??

kw

SQUAREHEAD":1l0al74p said:
Tbone":1l0al74p said:
dawnofdreamx97":1l0al74p said:
Cool. . . Is it noisy?

A loud "pop" when switching channels you mean??

kw

Yes, when using the footswitch to both switch channels and to activate solo mode.

Tbone":30vc6prx said:
Yes, when using the footswitch to both switch channels and to activate solo mode.
I had that problem with my EVH 5153 but it would do it only once in awhile. Annoying. That's the only amp I have had problems like that.

So how did the gig go with the CCV?

simbasa":18in7ycn said:
Tbone":18in7ycn said:
I had that problem with my EVH 5153 but it would do it only once in awhile. Annoying. That's the only amp I have had problems like that.

The gig went well, thanks! The crowd had a lot of energy which makes all the difference. Loved the CCV but I had to keep the volume down so I couldn't get the power tubes cooking to maximize the tone. The clean channel is incredible for such a high gain amp. You can play it clean with decent headroom but as you dial up the gain it has a quality where it wants to sustain like on the verge of feedback. Kinda hard to describe but I have a Dr. Z Route 66 that has the same quality. On the gain channel, the solo boost was a life saver. I've never worked with a soundman that could get it right so having control from the amp where you could easily dial just the right volume was fantastic. Also, I didn't notice any popping sounds when I changed channels or boosted solos from the footswitch......so I don't know why it was happening at home and not there. All in all, CCV performed great and I can't wait to get out with it again!

Tbone":zylkkrx0 said:
simbasa":zylkkrx0 said:
Tbone":zylkkrx0 said:

The gig went well, thanks! The crowd had a lot of energy which makes all the difference. Loved the CCV but I had to keep the volume down so I couldn't get the power tubes cooking to maximize the tone. The clean channel is incredible for such a high gain amp. You can play it clean with decent headroom but as you dial up the gain it has a quality where it wants to sustain like on the verge of feedback. Kinda hard to describe but I have a Dr. Z Route 66 that has the same quality. On the gain channel, the solo boost was a life saver. I've never worked with a soundman that could get it right so having control from the amp where you could easily dial just the right volume was fantastic. Also, I didn't notice any popping sounds when I changed channels or boosted solos from the footswitch......so I don't know why it was happening at home and not there. All in all, CCV performed great and I can't wait to get out with it again!

Glad you're enjoying the amp. Have you ever played any of Mark's modded amps? I'm wondering how the CCV compares.

I've owned a Splawn QR (great amp). Can you compare the two?

Sounds good. Glad Mark's finally putting out the amps now. Enjoy your amp. :rock:

Bobbotz- did you cancel your order? I thought you were next up? :confused:

simbasa":21jzh0ls said:
Sounds good. Glad Mark's finally putting out the amps now. Enjoy your amp. :rock:

Bobbotz- did you cancel your order? I thought you were next up? :confused:

I was informed it will ship this Monday.

Back