Just scored an early MC1 50 and yes it's awesome

How do you like the VFE dragon?

It was cool but I liked the 805 more so I sold the Dragon. The Dragon came off more modern/compressed and less organic. In hind site I wish I still had it now that I'm settled back into an MCII because it paired really well with the Wizard. I just like the 805 more than the 8-10 other boosts I've had. With the right settings, I can get the Wizard to feel chewy, greasy, but still very open and organic sounding/feeling.

I know Mike likes the 805. I've never tried it...but I will say the Suhr Koko Boost (original 2 button version on the mid boost side) is the best boost I've tried with my Wizards...and I've been through a bunch.

I didn't jive with the Koko all that much. Definitely like the Duncan a lot more. In comparison, the Koko was smoother, darker, less crunch. Talking through the Wizards. I had the Koko original, not sure if you have a reload? We all hear things different of course.

It was cool but I liked the 805 more so I sold the Dragon. The Dragon came off more modern/compressed and less organic. In hind site I wish I still had it now that I'm settled back into an MCII because it paired really well with the Wizard. I just like the 805 more than the 8-10 other boosts I've had. With the right settings, I can get the Wizard to feel chewy, greasy, but still very open and organic sounding/feeling.
I thought the vfe dragon sounded fake. Taht's the best way to put it. The koko was good. But in the end, I think i am just in love with the 808

Interesting, thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't often use boosts for my Larry, but I also play edge of breakup pretty frequently and am always tryna learn more about certain od pedals 🤷‍♂️

I've never played one, but heard NOTHING but good things about the Koko boost, also. Esp the one with the 2nd mid boost switch.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't often use boosts for my Larry, but I also play edge of breakup pretty frequently and am always tryna learn more about certain od pedals 🤷‍♂️

I've never played one, but heard NOTHING but good things about the Koko boost, also. Esp the one with the 2nd mid boost switch.
The koko wasn’t a keeper for me either nor the VFE’s I’ve had (dragon, 2 standouts, focus and merman). I’ve been through over 140 boosts and my keepers have been just the Klon centaur, Thorpy heavy water, Coppersound Broadway, protone Dino Cazares and a few vintage rack PQ’s. The Klon is the boost I use at least 95% of the time. I don’t really like boosts with my Wizard MTL though

The koko wasn’t a keeper for me either nor the VFE’s I’ve had (dragon, 2 standouts, focus and merman). I’ve been through over 140 boosts and my keepers have been just the Klon centaur, Thorpy heavy water, Coppersound Broadway, protone Dino Cazares and a few vintage rack PQ’s. The Klon is the boost I use at least 95% of the time. I don’t really like boosts with my Wizard MTL though
Holy shit man, I just looked at your sig and seen the amp collection LOL WOW!

Congrats! Bet you'd probably have to email Rick the serial# for date of build? I recently landed another MCII and couldn't be happier. With a boost it's my favorite amp of all time...they are unique animals!
Yo brother, Tried to message you but your blocked profile wont let me share Bea info. ..lol
Anywho, what boost /OD are you using.?
Gots me a MTL.

Back