Kemper vs. Real Amp - Cameron CCV

Chubtone":1g4vnyyk said:
I would love for the OP to post a taste test with 5 short riffs each done with the Kemper and the real CCV but mix up their order and see if the golden eared among us could go 10 for 10. Heck, on some of the riffs post the Kemper twice and on another one post the CCV twice just to really test us.

I think both of these sound fantastic.

From years of Ed Degenaro testing us on HCAF and here the only guys that come to mind that would nail these were Gainfreak, Ed when someone else did these, Savage, and Sah Steve. Carl was really good at them as well as RVS.

Yeah ok you did ok as well for a GAP wearing creeper.

Hell Ed made that Bassman vs SLO and most were wrong.

I remember one of your guess the guitar quizzes way back and yeah I took a beating but was new to the game. High gain was the only one back in the day that was somewhat difficult, lower gain was easy but modeling has come a long way now, look at that Katana amp for cheap.

For real plexi feel and tone, at the edge ghost note trying to control the feedback and then roll off for dirty cleans yeah I would say tubes all the way but high gain in the house at easy volumes and while just practicing modeling is the way to go.

Which is why I own 2 plexis, a Fortin SLP, and JVM lol.......................

I spent $8.99 at Sears for the hanger for my last guitar I will ever buy, I think, anytime you want to forgo driving that prick metrosexual Bavarian Manure wagon and finish it let me know.

Scotty

Excellent recordings. I preferred the Kemper profile to the actual amp, which surprised me! In a way, I am kind of glad my ear doesn't pick up on some of these things, or maybe it's the headphones I am listening on :confused:

Tone Monster":2jpo79ln said:
Webb":2jpo79ln said:
So yeah, for those of you playing at home -

the first clip is the Kemper and the second is the real amp. :rock:

Interesting how split the votes were. I can hear a slight difference between the two tracks isolated, but in a mix I don't really think anyone would notice.

I'm very shocked with the 2nd clip having more bass....

I'm not. That's why I posted earlier that I thought it was the 2nd. I'm not much of a modeler guy, nor do I play professionally, but I've tried the AxeFX and Kemper thing through a live rig and those things just don't have the same kind of low end and midrange punch that cuts through with authority. They can cut through but it sounds like a thin top end to me in a live mix.

curious as hell about how the fractal measure up with it's ccv model in a test like this
cliff actually owns a ccv to make the specs from so…...

controlled_voltage":303c4ylw said:
curious as hell about how the fractal measure up with it's ccv model in a test like this
cliff actually owns a ccv to make the specs from so…...

By his avatar, it looks like the OP owns one too and a killer recording mic and killer mic pre too. :thumbsup:

Scotty":f4y31zq9 said:
From years of Ed Degenaro testing us on HCAF and here the only guys that come to mind that would nail these were Gainfreak, Ed when someone else did these, Savage, and Sah Steve. Carl was really good at them as well as RVS.

Scotty

Yeah, but those were in the days before Kempers and Axe FX2's. It was a lot easier to tell the modeler from the real deal back then in the first and second generation Line 6 days.

:LOL: :LOL:

Chubtone":1mzvt8a2 said:
Scotty":1mzvt8a2 said:

Scotty

Yeah, but those were in the days before Kempers and Axe FX2's. It was a lot easier to tell the modeler from the real deal back then in the first and second generation Line 6 days.

You can still hear it clear as day the you start stacking tracks through the same modeller...

degenaro":3ui2xifj said:
Chubtone":3ui2xifj said:
Scotty":3ui2xifj said:

Scotty

You can still hear it clear as day the you start stacking tracks through the same modeller...

Is that due to the smoothing of the notes in the Kemper/Axe?

Back