komet amps kf50. NAD

fuzzyguitars

https://youtu.be/9k3A8iaKyHo

better than what i had hoped for.

i had owned a komet 60 for a few years in the early 2000’s

really liked it, ran it with a ds1 to get the gain i wanted, but it would ghost like crazy and had way too much loose bass for the music we were playing with the band at that time.

fast forward to multi channel hi gain amps which i really love.

but really missed that gtr straight into nmv amp thing.

was leaning towards komets newer offering like the aero 33 or the komet 60 hd.

got to speak with hogy at namm and he told me to go with the concord.

couldnt find a used concord at a decent price but found a kf50 which is the precursor to the concord for the same amount of money and pulled the trigger.

i could tell with the first strum that i had not made an expensive mistake.

anyways, just wanted to share.

just a crappy phone video.

edwards lpc copy with pearly gates pickup straight in with volume at 2 0 clock on the fast mode.

into a rivera rockcrusher with the volume knocked back a bit. cab loaded with two greenbacks and two v30.

still pretty loud in the room.

did i mention this thing is loud?

non master volume

pure power tube distortion

Ha, that was not the sound I was expecting! I think that's the most amount of gain I've ever heard come out of a komet.

no. way more available than that.

can do eric johnson violin tones with a strat if u wanted to.

i havent even messed with the preamp tubes.

looks like a generic groove tubes hg non chinese in v1

a nos in v2

and sovtek lps in v3

it does have the old pre new sensor svetlanas though.

Thanks! I picked that up from the Music Zoo about 15 years ago. She'll go to the grave with me.

I'd love to hear some more of that Komet! I've followed them for a long time, but haven't ever owned one. Didn't really think they were quite my style... obviously, I need to rethink that a bit. Certainly a great legacy. Ken Fischer had ears like no other.

Enjoy that amp!!

ChurchHill said:
Thanks! I picked that up from the Music Zoo about 15 years ago. She'll go to the grave with me.

I'd love to hear some more of that Komet! I've followed them for a long time, but haven't ever owned one. Didn't really think they were quite my style... obviously, I need to rethink that a bit. Certainly a great legacy. Ken Fischer had ears like no other.

Enjoy that amp!![/quote

I guess it is a Ken Fisher Trainwreck style amp.

Kind of like a hot rodded Plexi.

I swear there should be at least one more 12ax7 in there with the amount of gain I can get out of this thing. And this is with a pickup that is only about 8k output

Back