Let's talk about USA Dean guitars

alan67

A V is probably the next custom piece I get. Anybody have a recommendation on specs and best dealer to order through?
I live just south of Tampa, wonder if I can get a factory tour?

Feel free to share pics

alan67":1ys21t8b said:
A V is probably the next custom piece I get. Anybody have a recommendation on specs and best dealer to order through?

Feel free to share pics

I'd call Dean - they'll fix you up, including best place to buy. They do tours as well.

Yes they do tours. Go to the back corner of the warehouse to the wood shop. Talk to the boys back there and they will hook you up with all sorts of killer info. Try a V carve neck,my personal favorite. Consider an exotic top(flamed redwood is the shit!),and they will show you what they have in stock.

Pm me if you want the phone number.

napalmdeath":28lh9152 said:
alan67":28lh9152 said:

Feel free to share pics

I'd call Dean - they'll fix you up, including best place to buy. They do tours as well.

Cool, I didn't know you could deal directly with them. Have you done the tour?

-I always wanted a -DEAN CADILLAC- Damm they're expensive!! Might as well through in a -B.C. RICH----------------------------(MOCKING BIRD)-with the preamp & roatary knob, original ones from the 70's.

ive had some usa dean stuff (original deans and new) and ive liked them all. been thinking about a custom Vfrom them too

Yeah I have to say, not a huge fan of the import stuff but I played a USA Dime Lightning M and it was friggin' amazing!

alan67":25s618du said:
The V neck carve is pretty much how Dean does all their necks right?

No,they do all sorts of neck shapes. On a custom shop order,you can get any carve you want. If you go in and talk to the wood shop guys,you can even ask for a hard or soft V carve. They will have plenty of necks for you to feel up.

I haven't seen a Dean USA for a couple of years. However, I've played the Vinnie Moore and Leslie West models. Their USA stuff was superb and far superior to their foreign production. They're pretty pricey, but you I've seen some good deals from time to time. I have no idea how they are these days.... uh oh, gotta go check them out now...

have a Michael Schenker Dean (the custom shop one). A really fine guitar. Only compliant is the case is huge, otherwise a very good guitar.

I have a bunch of old 1981 1980 Deans, all awesone.

I have a 2002 USA Cadillac, 25th anny. Man, that guitar is just so awesome, it obliterates my custom shop LP!!!!!! By a lot. Fit and finish is second to none, just flawless. The feel is rock solid with that deep V neck profile, love it.

20170815_222407.jpg

7 Stringer":232jemxx said:

I have a 2002 USA Cadillac, 25th anny. Man, that guitar is just so awesome, it obliterates my custom shop LP!!!!!! By a lot. Fit and finish is second to none, just flawless. The feel is rock solid with that deep V neck profile, love it.

20170815_222407.jpg

wow, that thing looks freakin sweet :rock:

I emailed Dean and they got back to me right after their offices reopened because of Irma- that bitch. Anyways, they seemed really cool and willing to help me out. Here we go!

alan67":3fat5jyr said:
7 Stringer":3fat5jyr said:

20170815_222407.jpg

wow, that thing looks freakin sweet :rock:

I emailed Dean and they got back to me right after their offices reopened because of Irma- that bitch. Anyways, they seemed really cool and willing to help me out. Here we go!

Yeah, it does, thanks.

The three pickup thing was bugging me a bit but i lowered the middle one and really started playing it this year and damn, it became my #1 quite fast. Seriously, my LP seems like a chinese made guitar compared to the Dean.

Uneven binding, tacky finish, no rolled neck binding, poorly cut nut, crappy inlay work..... I could go on.

The Dean is flawless. Just pure quality work, everybody that plays it are like :rock:

You cant go wrong with a USA Dean.

-^^^^^^^^^^-(that's what I'm talking bout)-I've never played a newer USA DEAN, just the original late 70's stuff, how do they compare side by side, construction the same?

sg guy":1esd5kbc said:
-^^^^^^^^^^-(that's what I'm talking bout)-I've never played a newer USA DEAN, just the original late 70's stuff, how do they compare side by side, construction the same?

Oh yes, quality is as good and better!!!!

All my old ones play great and quality is superb. They have all sorts of neck profiles though, out of of ten i have, some have more of a C shape, some a fatter D, and of course the famous V profile, wich is my absolute favourite.

I sold a couple lately, the D shaped one, a candy apple red.and an ML with a series 3 headstock. I like the series 2 best. Would love a 1 though!!!!!!!!

My Cadillac has the sickest V carve of them all and it is a 2002.

I would insisit on a sick V carve if i would be ordering a custom shop one for sure :rock:

Also, consider joining the Dean Owners Association (deanowners.org). Their yearly factory tour/concert is coming up in November and is usually a good time.

The rolled neck binding is the best! Can't believe it's not done more by other companies.

I did the DOA party for 5 years straight! They were amazing. Wish I could go this year.

Back