Lied into war on Gaza?

Couldn’t you have just posted this in the other “ oh the poor terrorists” thread ? 🤣🤣
Mods can move it if they want. Anyways, I think it's important to scrutinize the alleged justification for what's transpiring in Gaza, apart from highlighting the atrocities being committed by the Israelis as in the other thread. ...And for the record, I denounce terrorism, or politically motivated organized violence conducted against civilians — whether by the Palestinians, the Israelis or the US government for that matter.

Mods can move it if they want. Anyways, I think it's important to scrutinize the alleged justification for what's transpiring in Gaza, apart from highlighting the atrocities being committed by the Israelis as in the other thread. ...And for the record, I denounce terrorism, or politically motivated organized violence conducted against civilians — whether by the Palestinians, the Israelis or the US government for that matter.
Understood.

I'm still finding it impossible to have any sympathy for the Gazans. 3/4 of which supported the Hamas attack on Israeli citizens. You know that means they are hiding Hamas and helping them. Kinda hard to say "Palestinians aren't Hamas".

If it wasn’t for the tragedy of it all, US participation would be laughable:
“Here’s money and weapons to kill the bastids and here’s food trucks to feed the survivors”. Of course both are coming from our pockets….Biden, you’re a dunce.

Last edited:
Understood.

I'm still finding it impossible to have any sympathy for the Gazans. 3/4 of which supported the Hamas attack on Israeli citizens. You know that means they are hiding Hamas and helping them. Kinda hard to say "Palestinians aren't Hamas".
I don't know that sympathy is required. What I am advocating is old fashioned international law and humanitarian law. Even if Hamas did every bad thing claimed and worse, that would not justify Israel's response in my view. ...By your telling (And assuming "support" includes one's thoughts alone), that leaves 1 innocent in 4 killed, displaced or starved. But the intention of this thread is to look deeper into what actually happened on October 7, as that is not just the strategic justification but more importantly the emotional justification for everything that's transpired since. Did you watch the documentary?

Last edited:
I guess maybe they shouldn't have cheered after 9/11, attacked Israel and kept innocent hostages. Bulldoze them into the sea and let history forget them.

Maybe a sorry from them would help and return the hostages and an undertaking that they will never attack Israel again... but I doubt that will happen.

I guess maybe they shouldn't have cheered after 9/11, attacked Israel and kept innocent hostages. Bulldoze them into the sea and let history forget them.

Maybe a sorry from them would help and return the hostages and an undertaking that they will never attack Israel again... but I doubt that will happen.
It's really easy to say that as a white guy typing safely on his keyboard from his quiet home in Australia, surrounded by nice guitars. Hopefully you don't get reincarnated as a Palestinian. :ROFLMAO:

It's really easy to say that as a white guy typing safely on his keyboard from his quiet home in Australia, surrounded by nice guitars. Hopefully you don't get reincarnated as a Palestinian. :ROFLMAO:
That's a buddhist concept. I once pissed off a close friend of mine who turned buddhist by suggesting I'd like to come back as a tree because it would be real handy deer hunting. :)

I don't know that sympathy is required. What I am advocating is old fashioned international law and humanitarian law. Even if Hamas did every bad thing claimed and worse, that would not justify Israel's response in my view. ...By your telling (And assuming "support" includes one's thoughts alone), that leaves 1 innocent in 4 killed, displaced or starved. But the intention of this thread is to look deeper into what actually happened on October 7, as that is not just the strategic justification but more importantly the emotional justification for everything that's transpired since. Did you watch the documentary?
I have to admit I didn't. Is it really a documentary or just some anti-zionist's YT video ?

Egypt has a border fence right there that puts ours to shame so I'm told. Wonder why they don't open it up?
Egypt is building a holding pen because they are concerned that Israel will literally push them across the border. But as I've mentioned, it would be destabilizing for any country to accept 2.5 million refugees at once. And it could make Egypt a target if the Palestinians continued their campaign to reclaim their land.

The Arab world screams for justice for the Palestinians but won’t let them in to their countries, there is a reason for that.
Their own survival? The political situation in Egypt is more tenuous than Connecticut for example... Who knows who is in that group of 2.5M?! The Muslim world is not a bloc and there could very well be elements hostile to the Sisi government, among others.

Back