Lil Fokker

duesentrieb":3fw4sp8r said:
squank":3fw4sp8r said:
ProgFreak":3fw4sp8r said:
RJF":3fw4sp8r said:
So this is named after a german airplane pilot?

Do you pay per google search? :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker
Sorry, FAIL.

I'm sure many of the people here were already aware of the Dutch aircraft designer/builder. I certainly was. I've even flown in an F100. But you are being coy to pretend the impact of the name stops there. It makes absolutely NO difference if the amp was even named after Anthony Fokker or not. Putting that name on the front of an amp that will be sold largely in the English speaking world will get a very specific reaction, and you know it. This was, no doubt, one of the reasons for the name choice.

It's condescending and simply incorrect for you to label those who acknowledge the reality here as rubes. If you like the name then you like it. However, hiding behind the aircraft designer's name, as if it somehow shields the reality that it's a homophone for a vulgar term, is just being intellectually dishonest.
Unfortunately you did not see the little aircraft logo on the front plate.

Actually like duesentrieb points out there is an aircraft there (lower left corner) and not a Ben Stiller image. :confused:

squank":3fw4sp8r said:
ProgFreak":3fw4sp8r said:
RJF":3fw4sp8r said:
So this is named after a german airplane pilot?

Do you pay per google search? :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker
Sorry, FAIL.

I'm sure many of the people here were already aware of the Dutch aircraft designer/builder. I certainly was. I've even flown in an F100. But you are being coy to pretend the impact of the name stops there. It makes absolutely NO difference if the amp was even named after Anthony Fokker or not. Putting that name on the front of an amp that will be sold largely in the English speaking world will get a very specific reaction, and you know it. This was, no doubt, one of the reasons for the name choice.

It's condescending and simply incorrect for you to label those who acknowledge the reality here as rubes. If you like the name then you like it. However, hiding behind the aircraft designer's name, as if it somehow shields the reality that it's a homophone for a vulgar term, is just being intellectually dishonest.

You demonstrated that a good command of grammar is not always a synonym for sapience. Next time read my previous posts before you make a fool out of yourself by even writing "fail" in capitals. I defy your intellect by making you trying to imagine that even though many people, like I do, write here in English (which is a pleasure and great that people from different parts of the world can exchange ideas in this way) in the second after they wrote here, they turn to their: wife, kids, Diezel amp, friends, dogs, whatever else and speak not English but some other language. The Diezel crew are such people.
Given this: how can you be so sure that Peter thought first on a doubtful comedy before Anthony Fokker which for an engineer is the equivalent to Yngwie Malmsteen for a shredder?

Like I mentioned before: thinking outside of the box, wouldn't that be what music is supposed to be about? A good day for you too!

duesentrieb":1buc2xxg said:
jjj123":1buc2xxg said:
duesentrieb":1buc2xxg said:
I'd prefer a pink version. Peter, please . . . .

That would be so awesome haha
Yeah, and name it after the guys' name in "meet the parents" - lol

Nah, that would go a step too far... ;-)

Edit: But really, it's just a name isn't it? If it bothers you that much, just put some duct tape over it. If someone asks you just tell them the amp is called "Wendy" or something. :thumbsup:

jjj123":klxmrz3y said:
Edit: But really, it's just a name isn't it? If it bothers you that much, just put some duct tape over it. If someone asks you just tell them the amp is called "Wendy" or something. :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

... :D

704auaf70_lil_th.jpg

I'm actually warming up to the blue a little.
I guess I really don't mind the faceplate...the blue grill though...eh.

djpatb":3kw4bk7v said:

Then take it out and paint it black when you get it :thumbsup:

I think it looks awesome the way it is.
Far as the Name? I dont care....I just say....I PLAY A DIEZEL!! :rock:

Not like when you ask someone what they play they say "I play an MV 2203KK Marshall yadda....yadda...yadda..." :LOL: :LOL:
most guys say they play a Marshall. But again what bothers some dont bother others.
Different strokes for certain. All I know is I am getting one! :D

I want it to be like this " hey guys grab that lil Fokker for the show tonight" lmao

jonl":1flxa7bq said:
djpatb":1flxa7bq said:

Then take it out and paint it black when you get it :thumbsup:

Yep, a bottle of spray paint in any color should do the trick :)

I found this one.

It says Zerrer & D-moll, but it's the Fokker that's plugged in when the camera is on its side.
I think it sounds glorious here. You can really hear the attack and aggression.

Back