Looking for active monitor suggestions to use with TNTL

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Looking to buy some active monitors to be used with the Torpedo Live. Thinking the Yamaha HS50 or KRK Rocket 5's but would like to hear other suggestions I should go try. Not looking to drop more than 350 per speaker...all suggestions welcome given this info. Thanks in advance.

Toraliens":3iyj2k3f said:
Yamaha HS50 ou HS80. :D

Thanks dude, i'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with one of those. Just need to figure out if i need the bigger size speaker or not

Toraliens":1z910x2x said:
Yamaha HS50 ou HS80. :D

hey are you using either the 50 or 80? what cables are you plugging from the TNTL to the speakers if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Amp -> Speaker Cable (Tecniforte or Santo Angelo) -> Torpedo Live -> RCA connector cable Digital 48khz -> Apogee Ensemble -> Santo Angelo Starquad Studio Cable -> Yamaha HS-50.

Torpedo sounds better in digital connection.

I prefer my HS80s to the Rokit 5 G2s that I had, but they are twice the price.
I currently have my torpedo CAB plugged into a pProFire 610 then by 1/4 inch cables to the monitors.

What's your budget?
If under 250 go with the rokits, if you have 500 to spend try out the HS80s/50s.

Thanks guys! i actually found a used pair of the hs80s and the hs10 subwoofer for $600 total so i went with that, supposed to be in excellent condition but we'll see...appreciate the help!

Well, it's always good to have some muscle for the lowest frequencies, especially if you want to run them at low volume and still have some presence on the bass.

I would better buy a pair of used monitors with a bigger size than some smaller new.

Back