Loopers

Shark Diver

Anyone using loopers? Any suggestions? Really to try one with an acoustic for beats and rhythm backgrounds, but also maybe just to jam over.

i've used a few , for what you're after i'd say go with the boss RC series

the boss loopers also have some built in beats if you want, i'm pretty sure they quantize your loops as well so they're perfectly in time, the RC-2 can probably be had for cheap, does all that (16 memory slots approx 5min looping time per memory slot), just the single button (double tap for stop) might annoy some, the rc-20xl doesn't have any drum patterns, otherwise all the newer RC-3 Rc-30 etc.. do

the newer ones i think also have two loops per memory slot, and a mixer, not sure how it's interfaced, but i had the RC-300 for a while, very sleek indeed just overkill for what i needed

I just got one of those new TC Electronics Ditto loopers. Still in the box though. Looks simple and easy to use. 5 minute loop time.

Pigtronics Infinity looper. It has a direct signal path so it won't mess with your tone, the multiplier feature is very useful, it looks cool and doesn't take up much space.

I have been using a Gibson/Oberhiem Echoplex. Has the latest firmware, mod IV chip, easy to use, midi controllable and more stuff in it than I use or know how to.

Digitech Jamman is a good too. I recommend the stereo one. The Ditto works great too if you want a smaller footprint.

i have the boss rc2 i love it.
i dont use it much for jamming behind, but i do save riffs or licks on.

i use it for tweaking my amp or for preamp tube rolling....thereby cutting out the middle man (me) and having to always pick up a guitar to make noise. it's a great, useful tool.

jlbaxe":2e43clr3 said:
I have been using a Gibson/Oberhiem Echoplex. Has the latest firmware, mod IV chip, easy to use, midi controllable and more stuff in it than I use or know how to.

I don't know if I need to go that far yet. I thing a small pedal to see if I even like using it - then moving into something like that.

Shark Diver":3jl6t7ew said:
jlbaxe":3jl6t7ew said:

I don't know if I need to go that far yet. I thing a small pedal to see if I even like using it - then moving into something like that.
Strymon timeline

tripstan":17b2x2mw said:
Digitech Jamman is a good too. I recommend the stereo one. The Ditto works great too if you want a smaller footprint.

I have the digitech jamman stereo. It has a bigger footprint and 4 buttons. It works great. I really don't use all the bells and whistles, but they're their in case I need them. I thas a bunch of presets and a memory card slot. And it has a basic drum machine I use it through a small PA for a solo acoustic act. It sounds awesome through the PA.

I picked it up used but still in the boxin plaxtic for $150.

Shark Diver":2lwg6cnp said:
jlbaxe":2lwg6cnp said:

I've been thinking about getting one of these:

Zachman":3kzc2ulf said:
Shark Diver":3kzc2ulf said:
jlbaxe":3kzc2ulf said:

I've been thinking about getting one of these:

The guy from Fish has a boomer rang rack mount. The original version.

I had the same thought a while back, David. Bought one, played around with it for a bit, and sold it. I just didn't like it. Now, if I want rhythms to play/practice over, I just make one quickly in Garage Band. It's simple and gives you more tracking options anyways.

rlord1974":3tjq7gc7 said:
I had the same thought a while back, David. Bought one, played around with it for a bit, and sold it. I just didn't like it. Now, if I want rhythms to play/practice over, I just make one quickly in Garage Band. It's simple and gives you more tracking options anyways.

This is why if I try it I will get something simple just to see if I'd even use/like it.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't blow your wad on some expensive, feature-laden looper. This is actually a good item to consider picking up used off of Craigslist for a good deal.

I just ordered the Jamman Solo XT. Should be more than what I need, but I did want something that had some built in beats\metronome on it.

steve_k":8r6dgoua said:
I just got one of those new TC Electronics Ditto loopers. Still in the box though. Looks simple and easy to use. 5 minute loop time.

Same....I just mounted it on my new board. I put it at the end of the chain before it goes into the amp. Works great! Very easy to use!

:)

Back