Lovepedal Echophonic Jr. echo, demo by Pete Thorn

petethorn

This is a great vintage-style echo with some unique features. It's EXCEPTIONAL into a distorted amp, like a plexi, for that echoplex-type thing! :rock:

nice sounding delay, great demo as always, real impressed how it sounds into the front of a dirty amp, good stuff

Sean from Lovepedal said he specifically tailored the mix knob for the dirty amp thing- it's almost hard to make it sound bad because of this. It's bitchin!

Really dig the volume boost feature :thumbsup:

Pete, have you tried the Malekko Lofi 616? Do they compare? How do these guys stack up against the El Capistan which for a while it seems was the king of the hill on analog / echoplex type pedals?

skoora":1765w90z said:
Really dig the volume boost feature :thumbsup:

Pete, have you tried the Malekko Lofi 616? Do they compare? How do these guys stack up against the El Capistan which for a while it seems was the king of the hill on analog / echoplex type pedals?

Haven't tried the Malekko... The El Cap is one of my favorite delays, it's awesome. It does the delay into dirty amp thing well, although I might give the edge to this Lovepedal in that dept.! The mix knob is outstanding.

You got me surfing YT on Torpedo vids. It seems it's a pretty impressive pice of gear. I'm about to shop for a 2x12 with at least one blue in it for a vox I just got but living in an apt. I'm thinking I should put that money towards the Two Notes instead. Have you tried a lot of the alnico profiles in it?

The Vox ones are really nice! I prefer my own greenback ir's but the Vox ones included are great (you hear one in my Two Notrs CAB demo)

Anyone have any suggested settings for this pedal yet? I just got mine in today and haven't had much time to get used to it yet. Looking for a kickstart!

Back