Major problem with Einstein, Peter help!!!

GloryHog

Hi, Peter, I tried your suggestion replacing the preamp tubes in V1 and V2, but the howling didn't stop on channel 2. As I said before in the earlier post, channel 1 seemed to sound o.k., but today when I was trying different tubes, and only playing for a minute or so, channel 1 started doing the same as channel 2. No guitar sound, just a fried sorta howling sound. I've checked all tubes, and they are fine. I'm officially sick to my stomach. :cry: I'm afraid it's an internal problem. Any suggestions? Do I need to send it to Uwe? If so, any contact information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

Is this an easy fix any good amp tech could do? Would they need a schematic? Or do you recommend I send it Uwe? Salwender does repairs on Diezel, correct?

Yes, send it to Uwe. The repair will be warranty.
They should replace the two 22µ/500V caps in the
preamp.

Peter

I am having the same problem with my Eienstein Combo (Squealing/Microphonic). I spoke with the guys at Diezel in CA and they sent me 2 Caps to replace but this didn't fix the squealing. I also tryed at least 10 different preamp tubes with no luck. I finally sent it to Diezels Amp Lab in CA to Mike and that's where it is now. What did they find out about yours? Or did the cap replacement fix it?

I sent mine to Mike too, and I got it back a week later all fixed. They never actually told me what the problem was, though. I assume it was as Peter suggested. Anyway, don't worry, I assure you it will come back good as new! It's been almost a year now since mine was repaired, and I've had no further problems.

I just love this amp! ;)

Back