( Mark/Chris) Any Chance?

glpg80

is there any chance in a year or so after the back-logs of the CCV/CCM series amplifiers are gone, and a prominent storage of amplifiers is established, that mark will continue doing mods?

at least, a year or so from now. and if not at all, does that mean that the cameron modded amplifiers will gain more value since theres only limited numbers?

im just curious. i would rather do business with mark on a new amplifier. but i cant bring myself to like the tone of the ccv or ccm models.

i prefer the tones he's been getting from marshalls that were modded. - aldrich or ocean mods.

thanks,

-matt

glpg80":1zgm5yh4 said:
but i cant bring myself to like the tone of the ccv or ccm models.

i prefer the tones he's been getting from marshalls that were modded. - aldrich or ocean mods.

thanks,

-matt

You like the tones better of the clips that have been recorded so far. I've owned 10-12 different Cameron modded Marshalls over the years and heard at least another 30 that Mark was modding for other people at the stores he worked at or at his house. In real life and not crappy video camera internet clips, the CCV and CCM sound AT LEAST as good as any modded Marshall I have ever heard from Mark. Seriously.

Chubtone":1275qcze said:
glpg80":1275qcze said:

thanks,

-matt

You like the tones better of the clips that have been recorded so far. I've owned 10-12 different Cameron modded Marshalls over the years and heard at least another 30 that Mark was modding for other people at the stores he worked at or at his house. In real life and not crappy video camera internet clips, the CCV and CCM sound AT LEAST as good as any modded Marshall I have ever heard from Mark. Seriously.

nah actually i dont like the tone clips recorded at all. i sware it sounds like:

water = clean

vinagar = gain

pour the two in a jar = dont mix = water on bottom vinagar on top

thats what it sounds like to me. the under-tone clean-ness thats always dominant over the gain structure. its not the eq-ing, the cameras, the guitar, location of mics, its on every single clip i have found because i REALLY would like to like the CCM model. especially since mark said its similar to the aldrich mod

current amps im thinking of - lynch box or splawn nitro

in all honesty its the splawn nitro vs the ccm. i just cant see how no-one else hears it =\

i would rather deal with mark than splawn. hes cool and he knows his shit. but the marshalls dont have that undertone that the ccm AND ccv do :doh:

glpg80":xsit8xik said:
water = clean

vinagar = gain

Not too sure about the amps, but I've been cooking for several years and have never had any problems integrating "vinagar" with water :gethim: :gethim: :gethim:

It would kinda be pointless for Mark to do the Aldrich and Jose mods now that the productions amps are coming out IMO. Tweek an existing amp to a customers needs maybe, but doubtful. The production amps are his top priority, so I think(just a guess) he wont have time to do mods at least in the forseeable future.

glpg80":1cnapcc9 said:
Chubtone":1cnapcc9 said:
glpg80":1cnapcc9 said:

thanks,

-matt

nah actually i dont like the tone clips recorded at all. i sware it sounds like:

water = clean

vinagar = gain

thats what it sounds like to me. the under-tone clean-ness thats always dominant over the gain structure. its not the eq-ing, the cameras, the guitar, location of mics, its on every single clip i have found because i REALLY would like to like the CCM model. especially since mark said its similar to the aldrich mod

in all honesty its the splawn nitro vs the ccm. i just cant see how no-one else hears it =\

i would rather deal with mark than splawn. hes cool and he knows his shit. but the marshalls dont have that undertone that the ccm AND ccv do :doh:
If that's what you aren't looking for then the Nitro may not be for you either. It's a killer amp w/tons of tight lowend punch, but its forte is not a crunchy, saturated gain structure. Don't get me wrong as it does have some nice grit to it, but it's definitely more of an open clean gain than a saturated gain structure (i.e. Herbert). It's definitely killer for what it does though, that monsterous lowend and equally monsterous tightness demand repect.

glpg80":3uagjbnd said:
i just cant see how no-one else hears it =\

it may be due to the fact there's a difference between seeing and hearing. You can get both of those checked really easy.

I'm not really sure what the op is talking about but....I've owned cameron modded marshalls and one in particular that DanHops now owns is a fantastic magic amp and truly what I would call a CCV-100 prototype as the CCV-100 I have and that amp are one in the same with very little if any differences in tone and feel. I'm not going to tell anyone what amp they should get or try to convince anyone their not hearing what their hearing but I gotta tell ya...listening to youtube video's or soundclick tracks can only give you an "idea" of what an amps capable of. Amps also have a "feel" to them that you'll have to experience live and in person because that "feel" of an amp has alot to do with the "tone" of the amp meaning "you". If an amp don't feel good...it ain't gonna sound good cuz it ain't trippin your trigger. I say this about any amp built.

Capulin Overdrive":swglgy1j said:
wonder if you're not liking the Mercury trannies?

a good chance man. would be curious as to how it sounded using dagnalls. not once did i say that either amp had too much or too little gain. i love the marshall clean-ness type gain dont get me wrong its awsome - absolutely love it

but just way over-done on marks. could i play on it? i wish i could. is it effecting the tone? yeah - thats what im talking about too omnipresent. splawns is there, but not as much. its the same as the marshalls if not a little more present but not by much imo

i started playing guitar with blues and 12's string fenders. dont categorize me with the gain noobs who refuse to learn how to mute strings or alternate pick correctly.

velcro - i dispise smart asses dude.

charface - i cant cook at all haha. - i had oil in the analogy but you get what i mean :doh:

glpg80":qk4aqj16 said:

Scaturisca che succhia l'uomo, perché realmente ho pensato godreste la mia accumulazione dalla vostra altra risposta del filetto dove siete uber giusto interessato prego circa Cameron "qualcuno in un giro specie a salvataggio" della linea inferiore di senso..., nessuno del hackysack capite che WTF state dicendo - metta un certo pensiero nei vostri pensieri in modo da possiamo capirli. :scared:

* velcro-fly *":gjtpai90 said:
glpg80":gjtpai90 said:

Scaturisca che succhia l'uomo, perché realmente ho pensato godreste la mia accumulazione dalla vostra altra risposta del filetto dove siete uber giusto interessato prego circa Cameron "qualcuno in un giro specie a salvataggio" della linea inferiore di senso..., nessuno del hackysack capite che WTF state dicendo - metta un certo pensiero nei vostri pensieri in modo da possiamo capirli. :scared:
That acually makes more sense to me. Because I honestly don't know wtf he is trying to say. :dunno:

glpg80":ij49bp8p said:
Chubtone":ij49bp8p said:
glpg80":ij49bp8p said:

thanks,

-matt

water = clean

vinagar = gain

Dude - you have it mixed up. Curt (chubtone) is saying you like the tone clips of the Cameron modded Marshalls you've heard better than the clips of the CCV/CCM you have heard so far.

Have you heard a Cameron modded Marshall and a CCM/CCV in person? If not, you are going by clips and so far, there have been no high quality clips of the CCV/CCM posted and tons of great, high quality Cameron modded Marshall clips. You are comparing apples and oranges here. You are comparing shitty quality video cam clips of the CCM/CCV to high quality, recorded clips of the Cameron modded Marshalls.

All I can say is I've heard the CCM in person, played through it and it sounds amazing. You could easily get the recorded tones I've heard of an Aldrich mod, for example, out of the CCM. The CCM is unreal IMO... And I'm sure the CCV is as well in a more HG Jose mod kinda way...

Steve

sah5150":k8u5d9me said:
Chubtone":k8u5d9me said:
glpg80":k8u5d9me said:

water = clean

vinagar = gain

Dude - you have it mixed up. Curt (chubtone) is saying you like the tone clips of the Cameron modded Marshalls you've heard better than the clips of the CCV/CCM you have heard so far.

Have you heard a Cameron modded Marshall and a CCM/CCV in person? If not, you are going by clips and so far, there have been no high quality clips of the CCV/CCM posted and tons of great, high quality Cameron modded Marshall clips. You are comparing apples and oranges here. You are comparing shitty quality video cam clips of the CCM/CCV to high quality, recorded clips of the Cameron modded Marshalls.

All I can say is I've heard the CCM in person, played through it and it sounds amazing. You could easily get the recorded tones I've heard of an Aldrich mod, for example, out of the CCM. The CCM is unreal IMO... And I'm sure the CCV is as well in a more HG Jose mod kinda way...

Steve

nah. i havent played any cameron amplifier or heard one in person or have a dealer right now anywhere near where i live. so i am forced to go by sound clips - i dont have a choice man. hopefully having better sound clips from users right here on the forum once people start getting them will be worthwhile.

but even the shitty recordings of the splawn nitro vs the shitty recordings of the cameron amps have a large difference in what im talking about - you cant blame it all on one thing. i think it could be a mix of the transformers, camcorder, as well as a bit of the pre-amp stage.

BUT, ill stfu. i will nicely ask anyone who recieves a CCM for high-quality recordings to compare vs the modded marshalls mark has done. i would rather let the amplifiers do the talking :thumbsup:

First of all...... velcro-fly freaking rules! :rock: You despise smart-asses? Well brother I'm sorry to tell you, you have come to the wrong place. Rig Talk is full of smart asses and is one of the funniest gear forums out there.

Capulin Overdrive":19jhxsq1 said:
wonder if you're not liking the Mercury trannies?

or the speakers loaded in the CAB's that were used for the clips of the ccm-ccv amps.
Multiple speaker cabs were used for the recorded tones of the Cameron modded marshall but H30's were used on most if not all of the clips of the production Model Camerons on youtube.

Chubtone":jd1hrybm said:
First of all...... velcro-fly freaking rules! :rock: You despise smart-asses? Well brother I'm sorry to tell you, you have come to the wrong place. Rig Talk is full of smart asses and is one of the funniest gear forums out there.

i havent noticed?

RT fucking rocks. everywhere else is too stereotypical and strict. everyone here is laid back. but i dont appreciate bullshit drama starting in a topic designated for mark and chris going off topic about me going to the doctor about my hearing or seeing.

i took enough of that bullshit in high school, i sure the hell wont take it on a fuckin forum.

once again, ill gladly wait for high quality sound clips to compare.

Well if you look at the history of a Scott Splawn, a Rheinhold Bogner, a Mike Soldano etc, once their amp companies get off the ground they are pretty much done doing mods. Why would they want to poke around in some 30 year old amp that who knows how much is changed or modded or just plain worn out? Instead they can work in a brand new chassis with circuit boards and parts of their own design.

Plus the price of Cameron modded Marshalls will probably come crashing down to earth as soon as a bunch of CCV's and CCM's are in circulation. It's kind of ridiculous right now, isn't it? Take an $800 used Marshall, have Mark mod it for $450 and now you have an amp worth $2000-2200? Yeah, uh.... I don't think so. Look for Cameron modded Marshalls to sell for less than used Cameron brand amps.

This isn't high school with the ribbing either. In high school you had a chance to whoop someones ass if they talked too much crap. You'll be buying a lot of plane tickets if you want to do that here.

Back