Mesa Triple Recto mod by Ground Zero

Awesome! How would you compare it to a stock one?

I guess the easiest way to describe it would be to say that this mod still retains all that we love in a rectifier and addresses all the things we don’t necessarily like in a rectifier. Sonically speaking, the amp is far less congested, no fizz, and all of the gain on tap is usable. The low end is retained, it’s huge, yet extremely tight, but not too surgically tight. The top end is perfect, it doesn’t need to be piercing for it to cut. The mod really balances out all of the frequencies, so that they work well together as opposed to EQ settings that we are used to dialing in on a rectifier, such as essentially no bass, scooped mid range, and an almost non-existent presence. The amp is very harmonically rich and is more than a one trick pony. For those interested, the clean channel is amazing. The mod includes a three-way bright switch… off, bright, brighter. When off, the mod retains more of a “stock“ rectifier tone. When you bring in the bright caps the amp gets meaner and more saturated better suited for metal. That being said, a lot of metal players like to boost their rectifiers. With this mod, no boost is required. This Amp is downright nasty and is among my most favorite amps I’ve ever played.

For reference, in the clip I posted, I have the bright switch in the off position. I was aiming for more of a rock tone.

Back