Modded Recto better than stock?

"neutered" is the only way i can describe the tone in the demo song :dunno: the groundzero tremoverb is the only modded recto ive heard that i like at all, the rest just de-recto too much and take all the things away that make rectos great imo.
When I look at the analytics, over 90% of viewers are using a phone for playback, which is understandable. I do the same sometimes if I’m not in front of my near-fields or headphones.

Still very much a recto just tightened up, more mids and fizz free. Too bad I didn’t have a stock recto to compare it to in the vid. It’s just a much improved sounding Multiwatt in my opinion. A boost tightens up or like you said “neuters” the low end last I checked. Now you can have a tight or “neutered” recto without the boost
1715107850462.gif

Last edited:
The tone in the beginning is bloated and kind. Where is that pissed off tone that a stock recto with a tube screamer out front gets?

I totally get mods for amps, but when a $100 pedal gets the goods, why bother with a $1000 mod?
I'm with you. I had my 2ch G modded to the Rev C mod and while I did like it and get why it's regarded highly here, I preferred it to stock form and had it reversed. I love that angry wall of sound that is the G.

When I look at the analytics, over 90% of viewers are using a phone for playback, which is understandable. I do the same sometimes if I’m not in front of my near-fields or headphones.

Still very much a recto just tightened up, more mids and fizz free. Too bad I didn’t have a stock recto to compare it to in the vid. It’s just a much improved sounding Multiwatt in my opinion.

i dont know how playback came up, im listening through my monitors, but its gotta sound good either way as phones and earbuds are how most people consume music these days.

The tone in the beginning is bloated and kind. Where is that pissed off tone that a stock recto with a tube screamer out front gets?

I totally get mods for amps, but when a $100 pedal gets the goods, why bother with a $1000 mod?
Thanks Dave. Which part exactly is bloated to you? The BP intro music is not the recto. It’s my modded CAA OD100 SE+ but after that it goes into the JT Recto demo song.

i dont know how playback came up, im listening through my monitors, but its gotta sound good either way as phones and earbuds are how most people consume music these days.
It came up because of the lack of balls in your critique and phones lack low end. I agree 100% it’s just difficult to get 55hz frequencies to come through iPhone speakers.

Last edited:
Less reverb will help make it sound 'less smooth'. The core tone is being washed out for the heavier tones. Good job otherwise, a well presented video.

Less reverb will help make it sound 'less smooth'. The core tone is being washed out for the heavier tones. Good job otherwise, a well presented video.
Thanks @GeoffF I appreciate that. I agree. I probably should had killed the reverb when I went into the modern mode. I despise dry tones but a little room ambience is all it probably needed.

My Hermansson recto kept all the “recto frequency response” but completely tightened that bitch up. Still has the recto sub bass for sure. That said I don’t think it can do the wall of sound chording like a Rev G. I personally don’t play that type of shit.

My Hermansson recto kept all the “recto frequency response” but completely tightened that bitch up. Still has the recto sub bass for sure. That said I don’t think it can do the wall of sound chording like a Rev G. I personally don’t play that type of shit.
Yours must be different than the one I had made by him. Mine did not sound like a rectifier at all.

Back